Interest in MFGB - Banners on page one

Will you participate in a MF Group Build?

• Yes!

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • No.

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
Re: Interest in Millennium Falcon Group Build

Quaralane said:
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do NOT let this degenerate into an argument about those Mandibles.
I almost don't read MF threads at SSM anymore because of those stupid arguments

Oh, not arguing anything. Just trying to let folks who don't know, in on the secret. If anyone else want to gripe, go ahead.

fumblethumbs said:
For the most part Butters, we that frequent SMA on a regular basis don't really get to hung up on the endless and unsolvable minutiae of inacuracies with any particular kit. So long as everyone is having a good time and enjoying their build, they are supported unconditionally. IMHO that is why SMA is the best and most enjoyable modelling forum on the net.

All I tried to do was share some info that I'm not sure anyone here is aware of. The past two responses to my post DO NOT indicate that SMA enjoyable or hospitable. Instead you've both made me feel quite stupid for sharing.

Sorry, Butters.
Bad experiences got the better of me, and I sincerely apologize

BUTTERS,

I appreciate you sharing th Info. As One that's never Build th Falcon or a Star Wars Model for that matter appreciate all th Heads ups on th Model . Don't get me wrong. I'm a Huge Fan just never got around to building a Star Wars Model.

Thanx for th Heads-Up. I actually have an MPC ROTJ Falcon & know of th Sides that are too tall. I'm tryin to scrape together th $$ to get th resin set. If not I'll scratch th Side walls.

So again thanx for th Heads-Up !

Quaralane and fumblethumbs, thank you for your comments. I know on my home forumthat, yes, we've discussed it a lot. Since this isn't primarily a SciFi forum, I didn't know.

No over-sensitivity intended. ;)

As to the pricey (but accurate) resin sidewalls, I used them on my first Falcon, and they are nice. However, last night on my AMT Falcon, I cut down and installed the kit sidewalls, and I'm very happy with them. I'm not going to leave them stock, however. I'll greeble them up quite a bit. But, f you have the $$$ and are able to find them, I can't blame you for using the aftermarket stuff.

I sure hope you can link us up with your build Butters. I plan to take the same course of (in my case) butchering the sidewalls on the MPC kit. I'd love to see how you're approaching it! A picture's worth a thousand words ;D Did you take your screen name from the little dude on south park??

fumblethumbs said:
I sure hope you can link us up with your build Butters. I plan to take the same course of (in my case) butchering the sidewalls on the MPC kit. I'd love to see how you're approaching it! A picture's worth a thousand words ;D Did you take your screen name from the little dude on south park??

As soon as I can find my camera, I will! For my screen name, yes, Butters from Southpark. Quiet unassuming little guy with an evil alter-ego. Seemed appropriate! ;D

OH! Did I say that I will be participating in this group build ??? and that I won't be Modifying the Mandibles.... cuz its a waste of prescious time ! (my Time) that is !!! LOL

Just Glue the Darn thing would ya ! LOL and BTW welcome to SMA Butters !!!

We are a good bunch !!! Don't let the first few Answers to your Posts .... Scare you !!!
We left all those A.R. dudes on the other forums... for all similar reasons... and took refuge here !!!
away from all that!

We just love the Smell of Liquid Cement in the morning.... and take it from there....
No heartaches about little inaccuracies.... just plain old FUN !!!

Do you remember having FUN while modeling ??? I sure missed it ! Till I got in here...
But you will see… it all comes back to you !!! Once you are a full SMA member... You might not
even go back !!! Time will tell !

Whatever you do; we will love it … even if you cut out your Falcon to pieces… we will watch !
But doesn’t mean that we will “all” embark in such an Elaborate Surgery…. To each their own !!!

once again.... Welcome to SMA my Friend !
:p

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

006-18.jpg

Over the next week or two I will start working up a lighting plan, with a list of parts and where to get them. I do intend to make a lighting tutorial for this.

Grendels said:
Over the next week or two I will start working up a lighting plan, with a list of parts and where to get them. I do intend to make a lighting tutorial for this.

like a Begginer Lighting class ? or the ultimate Falcon Lighting techniques ???

LOL

Norm,

I intend to make a list of parts, which will include links for purchasing said parts. Design a lighting plan. This plan will be for the AMT kit, but I don't see why it can't work for the Fine molds kit as well.

Then go step by step through installing the lights, as well as designing the circuits involved. I am going to power it with a wall wort, instead of using batteries. There are ways of doing this without ugly wires going in and out of the ship.

It will take time to do this, so that is why I am giving this two weeks or so to plan out. I want that parts list posted by mid September at the latest so people can gather up resources.

That's a great idea Grendels, I wish you had done it before I started lighting my falcon! I learnt the hard way (tried to run to many LED's off one battery). Also I wondered if anyone wanted to know about the innacurate or missing parts on the 1/72 FM falcon? Don't know if some people want a close replica to the 32" studio model or just a fast hunk of junk that can still make the kessell run in under 12 parsecs?

It won't be a general lighting tutorial, that will happen on another thread near the end of October. This will be specific to the MF model.

Before I begin, the one thing I need to think about is this: Will I build her in flight mode, or landed. I will probably do a landed version. More lighting that way! 8)

Grendels said:

Really looking forward to this Grendels!!

fumblethumbs said:
Grendels said:

Thanks, I think I will set up two parts list, one for grounded, and one for flight. It will make things easier to do.

That will be cool! Grounded especially, well for me. LOL. This is gonna be insane folks! Insane.

Grendels said:
fumblethumbs said:
Grendels said:

Thanks, I think I will set up two parts list, one for grounded, and one for flight. It will make things easier to do.

Well ( Scott & John ) if you think about it...? :-\ I am not trying to Nit-pick here ! BTW
The lights needs to be on the craft.. either in flight or landed... Especially the ones at the bottom of the saucer section... if that is your thing...? lit or not... the lense should be represented in someway !

That's my SW Geek brain acting up here.... sorry !

Latest posts

Back