Interest in MFGB - Banners on page one

Will you participate in a MF Group Build?

• Yes!

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • No.

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
Re: Interest in Millennium Falcon Group Build

SCOTT,

That's a Great Site !! Thanx for sharing ! Man ! , that's some Heavy Duty Stuff !! :eek: :eek:

Insane stuff there. The level of detail he goes too is just awesome.

Wow, that is just plain crazy. I cant believe what they packed into that 1/144 Falcon. Unbelievable! Great site.

I have mine open on a table, all the parts layed out. Can't wait!

Yup. MPC wth lots of resin and PE. There will be some videos for sure.

Oh, that's right. I remember you saying in a video that you've been carrying the kit and aftermarket stuff around for a long time. I've got a small dio/vignette planned for the MPC kit. Something I've never seen done before. Can't wait either!!

Scott I seem to remember a little plan you had for the falcon on a video along time ago in a mancave far far away?

Yeah, been planning this for years. Gonna build Docking Bay 94 and a bit of Mos Eisley if i have time.

Brilliant!! didnt wanna say to much incase it was a suprise....
Cant wait.

Scott Girvan said:
Yeah, been planning this for years. Gonna build Docking Bay 94 and a bit of Mos Eisley if i have time.

"............94............................You may have to sell your speeder..............That's OK, I'm never coming...

LOL. I have a 1/72 scale speeder just for that part - the sale.

Who's strated building yet? I got a wild hair (and some time) and have started mine. No pictures yet, I'll start a page over at SSM for mine, when I take a few, but honestly, there's not a whole lot to see yet. I've used the kits original sidewalls, but have cut them down to a more appropriate size, and tonight, I've started my modifications to the 'exhaust' area and replacing the engine deck.

I had toyed with the idea of lighting it, but I just don't hate myself that much! ;D There may be a bit of interior visable, however. Pretty much, I'm just making it up as I go!

Just setting here thinking....

If any of you, who are not normally SciFi builders, are going to be using Fine Molds Falcon, are you aware that the forward 'mandibles' are not canted inward as they should be? To be accurate, you'll have to "break the jaws", so to speak :eek:! It can be done, several of the builders over at SSM have done it, but it's a hassle. It's one argument for for using the AMT kit; it's inaccuracies are smaller and more easily dealt with. The Fine Molds one BIG inaccuracy is a real b!tch.

Just thinking.

Yeah Iv seen it done, and it's looked good but what a job! I can live with mine the way it is. There's actually quite a few bits & pieces missing and things that are inaccurate with the FM falcon, but its still the best kit money can buy.

Sounds like a good plan Butters. Maybe you can post a link here for your thread on SSM?

The dreaded mandibles. This debate comes up almost as often as full moons. LOL.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do NOT let this degenerate into an argument about those Mandibles.
I almost don't read MF threads at SSM anymore because of those stupid arguments

Latest posts

Back