Interest in MFGB - Banners on page one

Will you participate in a MF Group Build?

• Yes!

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • No.

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
Re: Interest in Millennium Falcon Group Build

is the MPC much bigger than the fine molds 1/72? thee are a couple of nice accurizing kits for the MPC BUT the couple of places that had them no longer do. :(

punkpigpen said:
is the MPC much bigger than the fine molds 1/72? thee are a couple of nice accurizing kits for the MPC BUT the couple of places that had them no longer do. :(

Actually, they are almost the same size.
http://www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/jmc_fmmf_16_fmmf-1005F.JPG
(Left - FM, right - AMT)

And here is FM over the AMT

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/jmc_fmmf_17_fmmf-1006S.JPG

my guess is that AMT is around 1/70

oh it is pretty much the same. i thought the AMT was bigger but just had lacking details.

From what I have found the AMT kit is bigger just not a whole lot, and it is lacking details......

I take it kits already in progress are ok? If so I will have to go look at my MPC Falcon tonight. It has been sitting in the garage for about 5 years. I will need to inventory it to make sure all parts are there if not I am going to buy a new one. If I do it will be the Fine Molds 1/144 scale version.

Yes. Kits that are already started are fine.

Noc5659, the 1/144 falcon is a real nice kit maybe a little pricey but all the details are there and its a joy to put together. Mine has been repainted and I'v started about 10% of the weathering. Its sitting on my shelf waiting to be completed! Cant wait for Oct the 1st!

I built a MF a long long time ago... unfortunately it was lost in a move and is probably now in a galaxy far far away. I think it's time to build another! Will probably be a good opportunity to experiment with lighting. Looking forward to it!

I got a hold of an amt/ertl falcon off eBay. Didn't realize it's a pretty good size. It will be fun none the less.

I'd like to get in on this, but the only kit I can find is a snap-tite one, aimed at youngsters. But there's a long time for me to decide if I want to order a kit online...I mean, what nerd doesn't want a nicely painted Millennium Falcon on their shelf? :D

Cave_Dweller said:
I'd like to get in on this, but the only kit I can find is a snap-tite one, aimed at youngsters. But there's a long time for me to decide if I want to order a kit online...I mean, what nerd doesn't want a nicely painted Millennium Falcon on their shelf? :D

I would just watch ebay. I got one for $25 with shipping included. There are quite a few of them out there, just take your time and don't rush it. If you do, you will pay quite a bit more.

Quaralane said:
Just remember that the interior of the cutaway was designed to go with the sidewalls.
So, if you're using the interior, you may want to be careful

That's why I Glued mine SHUT and moved along.... Nothing to see....
and then (Squirrel) !!!

I'm looking forward to Tackle this project once more....

with all the new AK interactive products... the Grime and slime should be Child's Play ! well? I hope?

Hi folks! Scott posted this MF group build idea over at Starship Modeler, and since I was in the market for a project anyway....

Like a bunch of others, I've built a Falcon before; got $80 worth of aftermarket sidewalls, ESB-version underside landing gear-pods, etc. and made myself sick with the accurizing and painting. This time around, I'm just gonna have fun! Shoot, it's not even going to be in the Star Wars genre! Hopefully, it's just the thing I need to get out of the model building doldrums!

I also enter with my scrappy MF Model. I own it since 20 Years. Once it was the Cut Away-Version, but it was too difficult to me to glue all that stuff, when I was a Youngster! I throwed all the interior into the garbage :eek:

After regarding all the posts, I decidet to do something different (nothing new, I guess). I like to convert the MF into another Ship off the Star Wars Galaxy: The "LAST CHANCE" ! Its also a YT-1300, flown by Platt Okeefe. It took Part at the "X-Wing - Isards Rache" book. I researched for some Pictures and got a very interesting compendium.
I also like to assemble an interior, to rise the level of difficulty :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Just received my amt/ertl cut away version MF. This is going to be my second sci-fi build. Looking forward to adding greebles and add some fiber optics for lighting. I really jumping in over my head here but looking to learn some new techniques for adding lights. I found a x-mas decoration that is loaded with fiber optics strands that I can use. Also I picked up a amt/ertl kit #6957 of the USS Enterprise that has LED lights included for $15. This is a nice kit. 8) I bought this kit as a reference to get ideas on lighting the MF. As far as greebles what kit types do you suggest for sci-fi models, aircraft or armor or both? I have a toy mall nearby where I can pick up some 1/72 scale kits for cheap.

Great stuff! This is gonna be one giant group build!

We have 32 yes here and 49 at starship modeler. Even with the overlapping yes votes from members of both sites than still means 50+ Falcon builds.

Gonna be off the chain! :)

Tanker52 said:
Just received my amt/ertl cut away version MF. This is going to be my second sci-fi build. Looking forward to adding greebles and add some fiber optics for lighting. I really jumping in over my head here but looking to learn some new techniques for adding lights. I found a x-mas decoration that is loaded with fiber optics strands that I can use. Also I picked up a amt/ertl kit #6957 of the USS Enterprise that has LED lights included for $15. This is a nice kit. 8) I bought this kit as a reference to get ideas on lighting the MF. As far as greebles what kit types do you suggest for sci-fi models, aircraft or armor or both? I have a toy mall nearby where I can pick up some 1/72 scale kits for cheap.

I've always read that 1/72 tanks and 1/24 Automobile kits are great for greebs. I picked up a lot of 1/72 tanks off ebay for dirt cheap!

MrNatural said:
Tanker52 said:

I've always read that 1/72 tanks and 1/24 Automobile kits are great for greebs. I picked up a lot of 1/72 tanks off ebay for dirt cheap!

Thanks, I never thought of 1/24 scale automobile kits for greebs.

There are totally great. Use stuff in conjunction with other parts to make 'new' types of shapes. Lots of great stuff with car kits. Tanks too...really looks the part.

Latest posts

Back