Hobby Boss M1070

Hey dude, that shade looks pretty freaking good. You should definately get some great chipping out of that. Not sure if you realized it or not, but IMHO this is also a great under coat. I had the pleasure of watching Ken Abrams paint a wedgie at ArmorCon a few weeks ago. Long story short, the wedgie was primed black and then he laid down his main color in VERY THIN coats from the center of panels to the edges. The effect was that the black gave great shadows. I'm not doing his tutorial justice in my description but hopefully you get the idea of what I'm saying.

Thanks Adam and noname!!! Well the tractor is for now done. I haven't done the wheels yet and the engine isn't finished nor is the cab glued on but as I said engine has to go in first so this is going to sit until the trailer is assembled. I don't want to paint the tan color yet because I want the trailer and tractor to be roughly the same tone so I think this is a good stopping point and as you can see I have begun assembly on the trailer. As far as the tractor goes I have 52 hours into it to get it to this point so this project is easily going to eclipse 100 hours to complete.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Very Nice LGB but paint chipping on modern stuff would be very minimal take that into account, also add a few drops of water to the chipping fluid as it sprays much better with it

Man, with all the time you've got at the bench lately, you'll have this knocked out by the end of the weekend. Keep up the good work and resist the pressure to start that fire tail you just got in. ;)

spud said:
Very Nice LGB but paint chipping on modern stuff would be very minimal take that into account, also add a few drops of water to the chipping fluid as it sprays much better with it
Thanks Spud, yeah I'm definitely not going for a ton of rusting and chipping but more so just accents and maybe more on the chassis and areas where scraping and dragging would occur.
adampolo13 said:
Man, with all the time you've got at the bench lately, you'll have this knocked out by the end of the weekend. Keep up the good work and resist the pressure to start that fire tail you just got in. ;)
Haha yeah I have been at the bench a lot but I don't know about having the trailer done by the end of the weekend. I took the F-14 and buried it in the bottom of my stash so I wouldn't see it sitting there ;D

Well my son went to bed early tonight so I spent a couple hours at the bench. The trailer is coming along nicely but there are some gaps so I have been hitting it with some Mr. Surfacer. This shows you how massive the kit actually is. That is an 18 inch ruler next to the mock up.

Looking good man, nice to see this kit rolling along.

adampolo13 said:
I'm not doing his tutorial justice in my description but hopefully you get the idea of what I'm saying.

That he still owes you a couple Double Quarter Pounder meals?

Ken Abrams said:
Looking good man, nice to see this kit rolling along.

adampolo13 said:
I'm not doing his tutorial justice in my description but hopefully you get the idea of what I'm saying.

That he still owes you a couple Double Quarter Pounder meals?

Hahahaha. That's funny! :D

Man that's a lot of work Brown, lots of work. Love it so far. Crap, 51hrs on the cab, I may have to wait till next winter, as in winter of 2014. I picked up all the PE, but no tires or engine, may get the tires, they look good.

Keep er rollin Bro. Cheers, Ski.

Steve Ski said:
Man that's a lot of work Brown, lots of work. Love it so far. Crap, 51hrs on the cab, I may have to wait till next winter, as in winter of 2014. I picked up all the PE, but no tires or engine, may get the tires, they look good.

Keep er rollin Bro. Cheers, Ski.
Yeah there is a ton of detail in the kit and a lot of PE that is time consuming but worth it. As far as the tires go I picked up the set for the cab only. I just couldn't get myself to spend 100 bucks for the whole set but now wish I would have.

Well I had to put in quite a few hours of overtime last week so I didn't get anytime at the bench but now I am back at the bench working away on the trailer. Construction is going well but the duct work is definitely slowing me down on this. Its time consuming and not really visible but who knows what will be seen when the kit is finished, it could be that little detail that sets it off so Im going ahead with it.

adampolo13 said:
Looks good dude! Did you glue those rods etc in place or are they going to be turnable?
I flipped through the instructions for a little while to figure out what they did and by my understanding they don't do much. I'm not sure what the point of hobbyboss saying not to glue them was but I don't intend to play with this when its finished so I just glued them in. They were flopping all around without glue and kept falling off. Maybe it will bite me in the long run but I don't see how.

Wow this part of the build is getting pretty tedious! Making ten of everything and these assemblies have 16 parts each and now I have to start doing the hoses on these parts. I imagine this is going to be time consuming forming the hoses properly and CA'ing them in place.

And now here is one with the hoses installed, this one assembly took about twenty minutes to installed the hoses. Nine more to go!

Hey LGB82...its been awhile!!!

That beast is looking sweet there bro....nice J.O.B!!!! 8)

errains said:
Hey LGB82...its been awhile!!!

That beast is looking sweet there bro....nice J.O.B!!!! 8)
Yeah it has been awhile, I'm back now though and trying to power through this kit! Thanks buddy.

Okay, well this is extremely time consuming to do all these hoses. Its a nice detail but im not sure how much will be seen but im sure if a little of the hoses show it will be a nice little detail.

Latest posts

Back