Hobby Boss M1070

Well I got some decals in. The instrument panel was part of the Real Models interior kit and was raised PE. I wasn't sure about putting the kit decal over it but I have a bottle of micro sol so I decided to try it. I was pleased with how well that stuff melted the decal down into the raised PE. I added some weathering to it (nothing fancy). The seats that are in I can assume are vinyl but Im not sure how to show some wear and tear on them. I'm thinking of adding a drop of white to the black and dry brushing some wear into the seats but if anyone has a better suggestion I'm all ears ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Just for kicks I wanted to dry fit some of my progress to try to get an idea of what its going to look like. I'm excited!!!

Big pimpin' right thur!!! Nice work! In terms of weathering the seats... I've dry brushed AK sand or dust on my seats before. But super light.

Thank you all for the kind comments. Looks like my crude methods of applying CA are over. This showed up today and it is sweet

The only problem I've found with the glue applicators is they're very fragile and hard to clean.

dogfish7 said:
The only problem I've found with the glue applicators is they're very fragile and hard to clean.

easiest way to clean them is with a lighter. Quick pass over with the flame and all the CA burns off, just make sure glue completely dry.

The lighter works awesome. In a quick pass all the ca instantly burns off. I was using these last night and they are great. Sucks to pay fifteen bucks for .37 cents of brass but they are worth it.

Man another three hours worth of work with PE on this cab and some other various sprue parts. I feel like I have been on this cab forever and every day it becomes more and more fragile. Its just about done now and about time to start masking up the windows.

Well the cab is going to have to go on soon and that means that I need to finish the engine. I am playing around with the AK rust set that I picked up not too long ago. I still have many more layer to go on the exhaust but I like what I see so far.

got to be honest dude.. I don't really like it....

I'm lovin' it! Great job so far dude! keep the updates coming.

Engine is looking sweet some pigment and stains on that bad boy and it will be sweet

spud said:
Engine is looking sweet some pigment and stains on that bad boy and it will be sweet
Thanks spud. Unfortunately most of it wont be seen but I'm planning on modeling it with the hood open as though they broke down
AJay said:
That's a beast of a truck! Loving it so far :)
Thanks AJay!
dogfish7 said:
Can't believe the incredible details in this build! :eek:
Thanks dogfish7! The kit is really super detailed. They did a great job in my opinion and I'm really enjoying the build.

Okay well tonight I am starting to lay down the rust everywhere. I have some AK chipping fluid so my goal is to just lay a variation of rusty colors over everything. Probably 99% of this wont be seen but I that's okay, I'm hoping this will reveal some nice chipping and rusting. I have to do the frame and cab separate because I have to put the motor in before the cab and if I do all that there is not way I will be able to lay paint in all those hard to reach places.

Latest posts

Back