Hobby Boss M1070

Wow, nice work, you have made some solid progress. That's an impressive amount of detail... remind me not to buy this kit..lol.

Keep going, a few more of those epic 6 hour sessions and shell be done ;)

Very nice lgb. its all the small bits which add teh details ;)

Thanks Spud and Rookie!! Well this seemed to take forever doing the PE on the fenders. I really wanted it to come out correctly though so I went really slow and steady. Right now the chassis is as far as it can go before putting the cab together and mounting it so I think this is where I can start shooting some primer on it and getting it ready while I assemble the cab. Also this is where I am going to have to get the engine all painted up and installed but I am waiting on an order from spruebrothers to start that.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Well here is the chassis done in primer. Couple imperfections here and there where I have to putty or sand but overall I'm pleased. Tomorrow I am going to have to start figuring out this cab and the interior PE set.

Holy crap dude! You're flying through this build. By the way, not sure what your plans are next weekend but the AMPS show is in CT. It'll be my first time at the show but I've heard it's huge! There will also be a good contingent of SMA members there as well.

Good start, man. There's one problem with the engine build, though. The locations of the two parts indicated in your photo

DSC01783_a_zpsd62e90d8.jpg

are incorrect. Part 21 is the air compressor and should be on the left side of the engine. Part 20 is the steering pump and should be mounted on the right side, oriented at a 45 degree angle to the left. It also should be positioned lower, relative to the air compressor. Take a look:

IMG_3933_B_zps7a4fa159.jpg

IMG_3931_b_zps9f49b14a.jpg

If you don't already have them, you should download the following TM's for the HET

TB 9-2320-360-13&P-1 and -2 (installation of the Crew Protection Kit)
TM 9-2320-361-20-1, -2 and -3
TM 9-2320-360-24P
TM 9-2320-360-34-1 and -2

and TM 9-2815-224-34&P (for the DD 8V92 engine)

at LOGSA.mil. They are invaluable as references if you want to build an accurate M1070. Good as the kit is, Hobby Boss took some liberties in the design of this one.

at LOGSA.

Thanks Mr. Goch. I sat for a long time trying to figure out the instructions on that engine. They are absolutely terrible! But you cant see 90% of it once its installed so I will probably just leave it.

Well tonight I started the cab. Oh my do I hate these seat belts. They took forever! I still have a couple more to make up but this is going to be it for tonight.

That's a big build. Looking great man. Primer shots are nice and clean. Great stuff.

Had to catch up here but this is looking very nice!!! Moving along quickly too!!! Keep it on the move!! ;)

Great work so far. Got me one of these recently, looks to be a big undertaking, but a fun one.

Cheers, Ski.

Thanks Zappa, this is a huge kit. The chassis is 10" and the trailer is almost 12". I definitely am going to put something on it but I haven't nailed down what I want to put on it yet.
Thanks Spud, I have to admit small PE is my weakness but I'm trying
TRM, Thanks! I flew threw the chassis but now the interior has a lot of small work so I'm taking my time.
Thanks Steve Ski, its definitely a huge undertaking but so far its been fun and without any major issues.

Well I'm still plugging away on the interior and I'm pretty close to shooting some drab green in it. Some of the PE in this was extremely small and tough to work with but I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Now here is what irritates me. The kit gives you 12 inches of this string to use for the winch. They tell you to cut two 5.5 inch pieces and wind them around the winch. The problem is that it is not even close to being long enough. Now I bought this roll of string which is 125 yards long for like three bucks. This kit cost me 150 dollars and they have to short you on the string. Come on guys!

Well I managed to get two coats of drag sprayed in the interior. It still needs another and Im planning on doing the seats in black. The interior piece is resin and looks like rough fiberglass which I though was odd. You would think it would be more of a diamond plate or something that resembled metal.

Latest posts

Back