Hobby Boss M1070

Now that I have the string that I need I assembled one of the two winches. The PE work adds a good bit of detail to them. I definitely think this is the most PE I have ever done so its a good challenge for me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Taking your time on the office is paying off....Looking fantastic!! ;D ;D ;D

Well I'm happy to say that this far into the kit and this is the first time I have had to break out the putty. This really was a horrible fit but nothing some squadron green and acetone cant fix. It went on a little heavy so that led to some extra sanding but once its painted you wont see anything.

Also when I got home from work today I had a package and I have been excited about this one. Another side note. I have had a lot of people ask me how long it takes to build a kit when they see my finished ones. Its always hard to give an answer because sometimes you can spend a year on a kit but not work on it very much throughout the year and other times you marathon through it in a month but spend a ton of time. So on this build I am keeping track of my hours and I cant believe I have put 24 hours into this already.

Okay well tonight I got a good amount of work done on the platform. This is usually where in the past I have made errors with the CA. This time I really took a lot of time and care in slowly getting small amounts of CA on the wire mesh grating. It paid off because none of the mesh got clogged with excess CA. I think this is going to be it for tonight. More progress tomorrow.

adampolo13 said:
Hey man, I think you nailed the build on these! Great job dude!
Thanks Adam. I'm really trying to do my best. Perfection is unrealistic but just a little better than the last kit every time ya know.

Well I finished the second winch and got it mounted on the platform. Not a ton of progress but that's going to be it for tonight.

Well this is finally done. The PE work on here was pretty intense but I managed to get it done and am pleased with it.

Thanks Zappa and NecronautDrummer! I've started detailing the interior now. Slowly adding some color to it. This is all going to have to dry and then I can go over it some more. I'm planning on hitting it with future and then some AK weathering stuff.

Latest posts

Back