Hobby Boss M1070

letsgobrowns82

After a long summer of trying to get to my work bench and get some progress done on the M1151 I realized that I had completely lost motivation on that kit. So now with fall and winter on its way I figure I am going to have time to dive into a project. This has been on my mind for some time now and I am really excited to get it going. So without further rambling here is what I have. Obviously the M1070, the Real Model photo etch armored cab update, Real Model engine set, Real Model tires for the tractor only (I just couldn't spend 100 dollars on the whole set) and last but not least Voyager Model Interior Photo Etch set.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I was a little disappointed in the engine set, there are quite a few air bubbles in it but by the time its painted, rusted, and weathered up you wont even see them.

Wow are these instructions intense :eek: this is the start of the chassis and I am really going to have to pay attention because I don't want to put in parts that will block the Real Model engine I have for it. So this is probably going to be a little time consuming.

Wow, it seems like an incredible amount of parts and time went into just this small frame!!!

Awesome stuff lgb that will make 2 of these kits on the go, Once I get time back at my bench :D

Thanks Spud! Well after dropping my son off at his mom's I am left with an afternoon of nothing to do so I figured I would get back to the bench. Continuing the chassis assembly. I'm pretty sure I have left out the correct parts so that my resin engine fits in but we will see. I absolutely love this model so far. The fit is great and there are a TON of parts to glue. If you enjoy the actual building process then this kit is for you.

One axle is assembled now. That actually took about an hour to do but its well worth it because the detail is great on it!

i bought a fortune of etch for mine so t will prob take all of 2014 to do :D

Dint you do the trailer of this already ? of was that someone else??

Yeah lol I didn't go too crazy on the PE, just the armor set for it and the interior. No that wasn't me I think that was Adam that did the trailer. I was going to save the tractor for last but I just got too excited with the engine and interior set.

Looking great so far LGB. I did start the trailer on mine but never finished. I actually just bought another kit online. Scored it for $100 including shipping. Dunno when I'll get around to it again though. Watching you build yours does start to get me inspired. though. haha.

Thanks a lot Adam. I hit a rut through summer and couldn't get motivated to get anything going so I went through the stash and this has been my prize kit so what better way to get inspired to build!!

Okay well this may be it for tonight. I got the two axles put on the chassis and just for show I set the engine in but that is far from being ready to mount. The detail on this chassis is just awesome.

Well its now almost ten at night here and I still haven't been able to put this kit down. I finished another axle. They are starting to go quicker now since I have a couple under my belt. There is a ton of nut and bolt detail that's going to be great to rust up, cant wait until my AK rust set shows up this week!

Well I never thought I would get this much done today but I just couldn't leave the bench. Here I have all the axles on. I thumbed through the instruction book and it looks like pretty soon this is really going to take shape. Well this is definitely it for tonight!

Wow you are flying lgb :) Armor models got my cab armor set in so ill have that the end of the week :)

Nice Spud, cant wait to see yours! Well spent another six hours at the bench today after I got home from work. I'm not the greatest at small PE so some of these pieces took me a little while to do. I have the small shop hold n fold which is great and my only redemption. Anyways today was a lot of small intricate parts so even though it doesn't look like too much was done I actually got a lot done in the instruction book. Well this is it for tonight, up for work in six hours :-\

Latest posts

Back