Hobby Boss M1070

My god, but that's one awesome looking model! I had no idea what it was in the topic title until I looked in on it--wow, what a BEAST!! You're doing one hell of a job on it! :eek:

Been a month since I did an update here. Work picked up and with Christmas right around the corner I had to take as many hours as I could. Anyways started laying down the tan and using the chipping fluid on it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

And here is the trailer now scrubbed down to show a little rust. I have a ton of weathering to do yet though. I am going to try some oil weathering which I have never down so I am going to future all this and let that set for a few day before I begin weathering. Thanks for looking

I can tell that's a lot of work Brown, looks great from here. Keep after it Bro!

Cheers, Ski.

Well I haven't forgotten about this build. It's still moving along slowly. I have been taking my time with weathering and working on a new nascar kit that I got on ebay. Well one of the 20 kits I got on ebay ( I went a little overboard ) but I am still plugging away at this and really in no rush to finish it. Its nice to do a little here and there and then come back in a day or two and see what else would look good. Also there was a finger print on the lense of my camera so sorry about that lol. Well thanks for looking.

Hello. New to this forum, but joined because I just purchased this model and saw this feed. Your build is a great motivator for me to start the basement cleaning processes and get my model table built so I can start on this model.

In my research, I came across this page http://bit.ly/1e4ZABB

Starting around page 8 might help you. I saw one of your posts about how the trailer top might look from tread wear.

Keep up the good work and hopefully my build will be half as good as yours.

Make that Page 6 - sorry

gaberm1972 said:
Hello. New to this forum, but joined because I just purchased this model and saw this feed. Your build is a great motivator for me to start the basement cleaning processes and get my model table built so I can start on this model.

In my research, I came across this page http://bit.ly/1e4ZABB

Starting around page 8 might help you. I saw one of your posts about how the trailer top might look from tread wear.

Keep up the good work and hopefully my build will be half as good as yours.

Make that Page 6 - sorry
Awesome reference pics. Thanks a lot gaberm1972

Just getting ready to start mine tonight. Where did you get the aftermarket Engine?
I haven't been able to find it in stock anywhere.

Really looking forward to seeing this one finished, I've always wanted this kit, but never had the money at the right time. Great job so far.

gaberm1972 said:
Just getting ready to start mine tonight. Where did you get the aftermarket Engine?
I haven't been able to find it in stock anywhere.
Sent you a p.m. with a link to one on ebay. That's where I got mine.

MxTanker said:
Really looking forward to seeing this one finished, I've always wanted this kit, but never had the money at the right time. Great job so far.
Thanks a lot. Its been a very time consuming kit. Im over 100 hours but its been fun and definitely recommend it if you can get the cash for one.

Hi mister Brown, great stuff you are showing there! You must have a giant mansion to stash it away ey? ;D

Cheers

That's a lot of awsome work so far..Luv the subject for 1. And the details!! this is going to be an incredible model sir..Thanx for sharing.. :)

Latest posts

Back