Hair Spray for Finshing Coat

WhiteLeopard

Hi All,
I've sprayed my 1/48 F18 Hornet with Lacquir Hair spray to seal it before appling decals.(I can't buy the future polish everyone's taking about) Has anyone used this mythod ? It seams to do the job alright. Any comments are welcome.
Thanks and see ya

I have neverr tried hairspray as a finishing coat, but recently I have been playing around with the salt/hairspray technique So far it is promising. As for Future, it is sold as PLEDGE with FUTRE shine now, I got it as walmart, other countries it is sold as Johnsons KLEAR.

That's interesting. Using salt and hairspray technique at the same time. I guess it helps to make the salt come off easier?

I would be quite leary of using hairspray as a finish coat. Hairspray does not cure and is water soluable, I think over time from the humidity in the air it would start to deteriorate.

Also I have seen hairspray build up turn yellow, I would prefer you went to a local hardware store and pick up a can of gloss acrylic. If you want to blow it through an airbrush it can be decanted into a jar or bottle.

Latest posts

Back