Clear top coat

FYI, I have aircraft in my collection which are 20 years old. Most of them have canopies which were dunked in Future for clarity. I haven't noticed any yellowing on any of these models.
I've not had yellowing either. I wonder how many decades it takes to yellow. Perhaps the folks that had it yellow on them were smokers and that's what caused the yellowing. I've never seen any pics of yellowing caused by future/pledge, would love to see one with the amount of time it took to get yellow listed along with how it was displayed when it yellowed IE was it in direct sunlight, or in a room filled with cigarette smoke, that yellows everything including fingers, teeth, beard. I can say I haven't had a canopy fog up from the glue since I started dipping them in future/pledge. I also use it on the model before decals.

Hi guys, long time no model.
Excuse my ignorance but just to clarify for my not very knowledgeable mind on this, but do you all mean the floor polish?
And it can be brushed on or sprayed on? And sets like a varnish coat on a model?
Cheers all.

It was quite the rage to use Future floor wax in modeling projects back in the day 20-30 years ago. It was my go to clear top coat, pre- and post-decal. It can be brushed on painted and natural metal finishes with absolutely no brush marks. I typically dipped my canopies in Future, then set them on end to dry and cure. Some have claimed that Future yellows with time but I haven't had that problem- maybe because none of my models were kept in direct sunlight.

Latest posts

Back