First Armor Build - M1A2 SEP

Thanks Spud, they not to tough. They are actually a ton of fun!

Thanks Browns, If it turns out half as nice as your Challenger, it should be pretty good.

adampolo13 said:
Hey Norm! No worries, I didn't get to the optics yet. I'm looking forward to seeing your video! Thanks again for all your help!

If you didn't get the chance at viewing it Adam ??? Here it is !

Easy Optics.mp4

Hope it helps.... as I think your Optics in the DOG HOUSE are made in a similar fashion ??

Take care !

Norm.

Hey Norm, that video was great. There is a little variation in the DML kit but I'm sure I'll make it work.

In terms of the M1 - Todays progress.

I was able to get a coat of gloss on the whole thing in preperation for the decals and then later the washes.

But what I'm most proud about is my work on the tow bar. If you look at the instrucitons they have it set up like this:
IMG_0771.jpg

But the box are shows the bar set up like this:
IMG_0769.jpg

To me it looks like the kit instructions have it upside down and backwards compared to the real thing. So, the kit had extra U-bolts so I thought I was in luck. Well, it only had 3 bolts but picture shows them using 4... What was I to do? I scratch built a 4th.
The kit came with these hooks (used if not including the tow bar):
IMG_0767.jpg

You will see I cut it so each side creates a side of the U-Bolt, then I bent a piece of metal bar. (its a little smaller than the kit bolt but close enough for me.
Here is the result pre-paint:
IMG_0766.jpg

Here it is with a coat of black. (Once I weather it i'm sure it will look a lot better. Plust I'm going to recreate the strap):
IMG_0772.jpg

Did I do okay?

Thanks again for following the build!

That Tow Bar and Crew Commander Cupola are to die for....

"I" better think twice before entering the Armour Category....this year !!!! hummm!

I have the DML kit in my stash... I could look at the Periscopes and give you my thoughts on how to
approach it ? or let you experiment... ?

No big deal ! This is going to look pretty Awesome when you get her done !!!

Later !

Don't worry Schweinhund, my contest is going to be in the "Air" catagory. But I think you would be safe either way, haha. Thank you for the complements tho!!!

I would def welcome any advice on the periscopes from your stash!!!

Thanks again!!!

;D. I was wondering "when" you would Add the Air Conditioning Unit in the bustle? It's there now! Excellent!

I will examine the DML intructions and get back to you on the Periscopes! Later.

The M1 is looking super cool. One of these may be my next projects.

Terry ;D

Thanks guys for all the completments. I got a ton done today. I got most (if not all) the decals on. I got the road wheel center caps installed and weathered. I also made the strap for the tow bar and started to weather that.

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

Thanks again for following!!!

Latest posts

Back