First Armor Build - M1A2 SEP

Thanks Brown's! I see that you are going to build this kit soon? If you get a chance to pick up the Bronco tracks they are worth it. I bit of work to get them all done, but def worth it if you can!

adampolo13 said:
Thanks Brown's! I see that you are going to build this kit soon? If you get a chance to pick up the Bronco tracks they are worth it. I bit of work to get them all done, but def worth it if you can!
I am actually waiting for them to come in the mail, I think they are supposed to be here Thursday. I had to get them off ebay because Spruebrothers was out of them. I'm definitely going to build this kit soon I'm just not sure if I want to enter it in the contest. Its going to be a massive under taking with all the extras I'm putting in it and I really dont want to rush it. I guess I could always enter it and if I finish in time great if not oh well.

Hey Browns, this is a great kit. Definatley an undertaking but the results are so worth it. Are you going to be doing a tusk update?

Hey adampolo13 your armoured-beast looks really GREAT, man, congrats, truly :)
´
Love the gun legend, mate... although I would have stencilled "ABSOLUT VODKA" ! ;D
´
Go on with the weathering please, this monster is going to look awesome :)
Cheers
RG

Hello Again Adam !

I took a quick look at the Kit's Clear Sprue last night ( Sprue 'S') and it looks like you can do the Mylar mod... on the Commander... ICWS (Improved Commander Weapon Station) cupolas vision blocs no problem... since they are the Big Boys !!! you just need to Cut a piece of mylar for the entire surface area on the top part.... the inside bloc is a little different ! as it has a Beveled area ... if you are doing a CLOSED hatch tank.. don't worry too much about that part !

The driver ones ... will be a little different ! you will have to measure.... and take your time...
(I would ) consider putting some Bare Metal Chrome tape in there ... from "Bare metal" of course! and take the imprint of that Lens and cut around it removing the excess ! ... and leave behind the Chrome piece you need !

Later you can deposit a small drop of red or what ever color (clear) you like !!! orange.. blue, purple.... what ever ! this way... you can do the mod faster.... on those smaller vision blocs...!!! I believe you have two different sets of Vision blocks on the 'S' Sprue one for the M1A2 (Improved Commander Weapon Station) cupolas and one set (more recessed and Narrower) for the older type... seen on the M1A1 AIM

You should be good man !!!

any questions... let me know !

Not 100% sure why this topic was locked, but I unlocked it, so it is good to go.

Kit is looking good, making blazing progress on it, knowing how many parts are in the box!

adampolo13 said:
Hey Browns, this is a great kit. Definatley an undertaking but the results are so worth it. Are you going to be doing a tusk update?
Yeah I just got the Legend TUSK II kit in the mail today along with the Legend M1A1 stowage set. I'm also planning on putting the mine plow from the Tamiya kit on it too and that also showed up today. Can't wait to start it!

wow lgb that sounds like it will be killer, im looking forward to seeing that :)

ADAM ,

WoW !! This is a Beast Fo-Sho !! Smokin' job all th way around !! All th details really PoP !! Just think how much more They'll PoP when ya get to th weathering ... washes etc !

Great Job !!

letsgobrowns82 said:
adampolo13 said:
Yeah I just got the Legend TUSK II kit in the mail today along with the Legend M1A1 stowage set. I'm also planning on putting the mine plow from the Tamiya kit on it too and that also showed up today. Can't wait to start it!

The mine plow attachment is incompatible with the TUSK 2 upgrade! The belly plate is in the way! And the weight of the ERA blocks are too great for the suspension if mine plow would to be attached..... Mine rollers and Tusk 1 update are compatible! Seen on net!

I did mine as a "what if!" so in case someone would like to follow in my steps?

Just letting you guys know! Before you find out the hard way!

Well Browns, sounds like you have a heck of a ride in front of you. I'm really looking forward to seeing how your build comes out! I caught the bug and went out and got a little something extra.

IMG_0794.jpg

I'm so excited!!!

I got a final coat of clear on top of the decals. Getting ready for a wash or too. Also got to working on some extra track links.
IMG_0790.jpg

This is the look I'm going for with the track links:
m1a2_32_of_33.jpg

This is how it looks dry fit. (Its actually going to sit on the upper rail when I glue the horn to it.
IMG_0791.jpg

I also got some random stuff painted and the extra road wheels:
IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

Thanks again for following!

schweinhund227 said:
letsgobrowns82 said:
adampolo13 said:

The mine plow attachment is incompatible with the TUSK 2 upgrade! The belly plate is in the way! And the weight of the ERA blocks are too great for the suspension if mine plow would to be attached..... Mine rollers and Tusk 1 update are compatible! Seen on net!

I did mine as a "what if!" so in case someone would like to follow in my steps?

Just letting you guys know! Before you find out the hard way!
Thanks, I watched your vids on your build with the TUSK II and Mine Plow and it looked so awesome I decided to make a similar one. I'm not too worried about wether its truly accurate to something out in the field, I'm more so building it for looks.

Ok then! When you get to attaching the TWMP let me know I'll let you know what I did to modify the plow hull bracket!

Later!

All those little details will make this one pop even more adam .

Thanks everybody for all your kind words! I tried my hand at a wash. (really for the first time, my B-17 doesn't count as I didn't have a clear coat before I tried the wash... Oops.)

The effect is really pretty subtle, all it really did was enhance panel lines and gave a little depth to the handles and bolts etc. Is that what its suppose to do? Does it look okay?

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

As long as you guys approve of the effect I will seal it up with a flat coat tommorow.
Then I can start adding some of the other details etc...

thanks!!!

Adam

It looks good, its all up to you how much you want but I think it looks good. You filled in all the panel lines and some details so they stand out better and thats what its supposed to do. I like it.

yep that all its supsed to do is enhance the color, when you do your wash around the details make sure your seal it up or you will take it off when you go to clean up with your spirits. :)

Thats looking very nice Adam ,top work buddy :)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back