First Armor Build - M1A2 SEP

starting to take shpe now, and dont the turret look weird with notting on it ;D

A quick photo update:
M1A281.jpg

M1A282.jpg

Thanks guys!!!

Wow, that thing is sweet! What did you use to get that mirrored effect on the glass bits?

Thanks again!!!

Don't push him too hard Norm, :D lol

Hey Adam the mirror effect he got is from a party supplies store... colored sheet of clear plastic, used for 3D effect. If I could remember it, or you can get a Tamiya Clear red. :)

Yeah Adam, the mirror effect is obtained from cutting little pieces of Party mirrored confetti or mirror tassels you see on birthdays noise makers, party whistles! I used the size of the exterior vision bloc to cut the film to the right dimension! Some tassels are of the right width! Bonus!

Then I glued it to the vision bloc with a small dab of white glue! Since most vision blocks are treated for laser dasslers protection...now a days.... They appear Redish or purple at different viewing angles! In the old days.... They appeared greenish due to the many layers of glass they are made of!

Good luck!

Norm.

Out!

Hey guys, thanks so much for all the help!!!! Looking forward to getting some more work done on this thing in the a.m.!

Alrighty fellas, I got some more work done on the abrams. It is starting to come along nicely.

I was able to get the smaller m.g. set up:
M1A283.jpg

I then moved on to the cables that run along the side of the turret. Those PE straps were a pain in the @$$ big time. Luckly, DML included a few extras. I guess they knew the carpet monster would eventually get hungry.

M1A284.jpg

M1A285.jpg

I was able to get the left side veiwer thing (Sorry I don't know the name) tacked in place so I could glue the shudders in the open position.

M1A286.jpg

P.S. She is huge!!!

M1A287.jpg

Thanks again for following along and helping out!!!

She sure is looking mighty !

Same rules applies here Adam! With the Gunner Sights! Those might not be the exact colors but adds
The lens flares the protective coating could deliver, if viewed fom the right angle?

Experiment with those metallic foils I told you about!

028.jpg

Don't mind the CROW turret! This is a "What if" tank!

Your "what if" tank may turn into the real deal if gas prices keep going up...

Anyways, I was able to get a little bit done on the tank today.

That little piece of photoetch, that was scratch built. The carpet monster ate the first one...
M1A288.jpg

I'm leaving the stowage bin open:
M1A290.jpg

M1A289.jpg

M1A291.jpg

Thaks again for looking!!!

Alrighty, so I got some work done today.

First I want to show you what happened at the rear basket. There are two brackets:
M1A292.jpg

Well, they both were broken in half on the spru:
M1A293.jpg

I used some plastic card and spru:
M1A294.jpg

M1A295.jpg

M1A296.jpg

Here's how they came out:
M1A297.jpg

M1A298.jpg

Adam!

I hope this message gets to you before you hit the Optics! I'm uploading to YouTube a small video on how I made some of my Optics (mirror like) On the 'Creeping Death' contest entry last year!

Hope it helps you (and others) with this Naugthy Girl! She would "POP" if you did it.....!

The movie should be there in about an Hour!

Talk to you soon!

Norm.

Hey Norm! No worries, I didn't get to the optics yet. I'm looking forward to seeing your video! Thanks again for all your help!

Alrighty, lastly I got the base coat down!
M1A2106.jpg

M1A2107.jpg

M1A2108.jpg

M1A2109.jpg

M1A2110.jpg

M1A2111.jpg

M1A2112.jpg

M1A2113.jpg

Thanks again for following the build! Tomrrow I will hit this bad girl with a clear coat and start building the stowage pieces!

What color paint have you used on this, it look really nice

Hey Spud, I used model masters Enamal "Armor" Its a little on the dark side but I'm liking it so far.

Cool, I've never tried those, it looks fairly good in the pics adam

Latest posts

Back