First Armor Build - M1A2 SEP

pastels are fine but theyre no pigments.! just buy the pigs and be done with it. you wont be sorry.

Looking good Adam! I've used pastels and recently mig pigment and now I have AK Interactive's pigments on order. I can tell you that Mig Pigments compared to pastels is night and day and like Pancerace007 said if your wanting some build up mud and grime effects Mig pigments are great.

Hey Guys ,

My apologies ..... I must've tapped th worng key !! Sausage Fingers strikes again !! Sorry about that. No Reason for it to be locked other than operator error ! :-[

oops-demotivational-poster-1231430395.jpg

;D Thanks Erik!

The Abrams looks Awesome! The beast is coming together nicely!

As for the tracks.... There is rarely a "slack" now a days! Possible! Yes, but rare!

Since this is a model and you are using After market tracks! Make them fit!
Even if it take a few shoes more or less! Look at the instructions... I am pretty sure the quote the number of shoes per side!

There isn't much room at the "Adjuster screw" to move up or down... The first road wheel in this case! And I presume it's already glued in place! So! Keep up the good work! You make me want to start another one! LOL

Good afternoon all! I decided to play with the pastels a little bit more, see how nice and dusty, sandy, and a little muddy I can get the track and lower half of the hull. (Not too much mud tho, I hear the middle east is pretty dry...)

Anyways, what do you guys think? Most of it will be covered up by the side skirts but I wanted to try my hand at it.
IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

P.S. Please be gentle, my first time weathering an Armor build.

Thanks again!!!!

Yeah Dude !! Lookin Good ! Great job on th dusting !! Realistic ... especially around th roadwheels !!

Rock-On Brotha' !!

\m/

Hello all, just a quick update. Just took another look at the tracks, there are suppose to be 76 shoes on each side. I went back and checked and once I put the final shoe in the track it gets nice and tight with no slack.

Now I'm on to working on the other tack and the side skirts.

M1A262.jpg

Thanks again,

Adam

8). The nice thing with pastels.....
You can brush some of it off..if you think you went a little too far!

Good practice thou! And it is nice to see you experiment! You seem to be willing to
Go FULL on! Keep up the good work!

Hello everyone, I hope everyone's having a nice day. I've been busy experimenting with weathering effects. I decided to try and weather the tracks etc. Here are some pics.

M1A263.jpg

M1A264.jpg

M1A265.jpg

M1A267.jpg

M1A268.jpg

M1A269.jpg

My plane is to finish putting the other tracks together, weather those, and finish weathering the lower hull. I am loving the armor build so much fun trying to make it look like the real thing!!!!

It does looks good from here, Adam... Keep up the good work, eventually it will turn on great on your first try :D

Thanks browns! Thanks Eastrock! I am having so much fun with this build! I'm trying to get the lower hull finished and get the upper hull started before the big spring contest starts. I think I'm going to build another aircraft for that one. But we'll see, I may end up buying another kit... We'll see once Scott makes the big announcement.

Anyways...

I got the other track finished, mounted and muddied up.
M1A269-1.jpg

M1A270.jpg

M1A271.jpg

Dryfit side panels:
M1A272.jpg

Panels Painted:
M1A273.jpg

Backside of the rig. I've seen a ton of pics that show the rear of the tank with what looks like exahust stains going up the back like that. I painted it with flat black then sprayed a couple very fine mist coats over the top part to give it that dull look. (is that what they mean when they talk about "filters?"

M1A274.jpg

This stuff is soo much fun. I almost wish I didn't have to go to work in 3 weeks.... Ahhhh

Good evening all... Here are some updates...

I put the tail lights on:
IMG_0708.jpg

I also put some glass in the front. I tried to reproduce that redish mirrored glare effect. I painted the inside clear blue and the outside of the glass clear red. It actually came out pretty cool, hard to see the effect with the pics but it is noticable in person:
IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

I finised the right side armor and get the cannon put together:
IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

On to the tough stuff tomorrow...

Latest posts

Back