First Armor Build - M1A2 SEP

http://www.ak-interactive.com/ here all you will need or if you are not in teh usa AK spain or emodels in the uk.

as for your tracks Fk that!! tracks on spues no way would i use them because ild be liable to break them, but you are doing a Fine job, Carry on

Hi Adam, this is looking sweet! Love the M1 tank, the real thing is a beast!!

Painting these things does take some forethought because the tracks are nearly impossible to attach after the side skirts are attached. Your plan sounds good! You could also just glue the side skirts on with the tiniest drops of CA glue for now, then just snap them off later to attach the tracks. Just a thought.

Good luck mate, looks good so far!
JT

Hey Guys,
Thanks again for all the complemets and advice! I got pretty tired of putting together the tracks so I decided to do some painting.

I primed the lower hull and the road wheels:
M1A223.jpg

M1A224.jpg

M1A225.jpg

M1A226.jpg

M1A227.jpg

M1A228.jpg

I tried to do some pre-shading of the road wheels and lower hull:
M1A229.jpg

M1A230.jpg

M1A231.jpg

M1A232.jpg

M1A233.jpg

M1A234.jpg

M1A235.jpg

M1A243.jpg

Model Masters Armor Sand:
M1A236.jpg

M1A238.jpg

M1A239.jpg

M1A240.jpg

M1A241.jpg

M1A242.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looking good buddy!!! Love to see the paint going down!!! Keep it going!! ;D

Thanks guys! I started painting the road wheels today and pulled out some of the side armor. This is a sweet progject!!! I will upload some pics later tonight.

Later.

Great work Adam, watching this build has got me itching to crack mine open but I'm really trying to be patient and wait for the upgrades I want to purchase. Your kit looks great though, its coming along nicely.

Upgrades you say??? My wife took my wallet before I could get my hands on those. I know there is a ton of great stuff out there. I saw a Tusk kit the other day that I was drooling over it. I think I'll end up getting some ruck sacks and stuff, I saw a nice little Tamiya kit the the other day. Anyways here are the pics I promised.

M1A243-1.jpg

M1A244.jpg

M1A245.jpg

M1A246.jpg

Im going to finsh up on the road wheels tonight and tackle the side armor and I have to get back to working on the tracks...

As always, thanks for watching!

Hi Guys!!! Thanks agian!!!

I have just a little bit of paint left to put on some of the road wheels and one more set of tracks to complete. Here's a pic of where I'm at now.

M1A248.jpg

Thanks guys!!!

Thanks everybody for all the kind words! Unfortunatley I have gotten zero bench time the last few days. I have so much time and not enough to get done.... err I mean too much to get done not enough time. Anyways, I will get you guys some updates soon.

Thanks!

Adam

Hello Everybody, sorry this build is going so slow. I have had almost no bench time. Been applying for new jobs... Good news is I've found one. On to the important stuff. I went to the art supply store today and bought some pastels. I figured I'd try them before buying pigments. First time using them, have to say WOW it adds some wicked realism. I just started on the road wheels.

Before any pastels:
IMG_0669.jpg

After pastels (just the first three wheels):
IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

Seriously, any advice? Hows it look?

Thanks again!!!

ADAM ,

Seriously ..... Lookin Good !! I'm not a Modern expert ... but to Me ... It looks like you may have 1 or 2 X-tra linx on th Tracks ? It just looks a little too saggie once it gets past th Sprocket & th 1st station Road Wheel .... is that th way th Abrams are ? Like I mentioned , I don't build Modern armor, jus My $.02 (USD) some one that build Modern - like NORM , may be able to answer , obviously if your reference shows th sag than that's th way it is .... O.K ..... I'm officially Babbling ..

Good Stuff !! Carry on !!

;D \m/

Latest posts

Back