[FIN] Airfix 1/48 - Hawker Hurricane

Re: Battle of Britain - Air Superiority: Nerd Herd Group Build

How's everyone doing with their submission? :)

Just a quick update on mine. I'm on a stand still right now. The vacuform canopy I got for the kit I destroyed! lol Chalk it up to first time. Those things are so delicate. I'll have to order another set. I also bent my needle on my air brush so I have to get a new needle before I can finish up. :/ It was sitting on the compressor's holder and the leak that make it vibrate once in a while knock it off the holder and some how the tip cover popped off before it hit the table. Didn't even see it happen. lol

For the model, I've got the panel lines in and started the weathering. I need the airbrush to put a matte coat on after and finish more weathering. Pah.

Mine's still on hold. All I have left is weathering and the canopy. My air brush is still out of commission and I don't want to go applying weathering yet and since I use pastels, it would just rub off without the ability to seal it afterward in a short period of time. lol

Just a quick update on my Hurricane. Got my airbrush back in actions and threw some weathering on it. I need to get a new canopy still but it's about done. :) The chipping came out a bit bright but that's easy to tone down. I think I chipped it up way too much lol

hurricaneupdate.jpg

Sabaton - Aces in Exile PL (polskie napisy)
Looks fantastic, I think that the chipping was about right. Keep in mind that air command was pretty badly outnumbered, but were close to the battle field.

Below is a a new sabaton track that deals specifically with the 303 Squadron, which flew the hawker hurricane.

Latest posts

Back