F4U-4C Corsair Marine Corps.

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
i have been making a gift for my grandpa, it is a Vought F4U-4C Corsair, my grandpa was in the Marine Corps, and his birthday is the 31st of October, so in honor of him i am building this model. the build is not as detailed as i wanted it to be... kind of disapointing on my part

Untitled-4.jpg
the Fuselage is connected together well, it fit extremely easily, and the cockpit went together like a dream.

Roughconstruction.jpg
well guys sorry for the sudden jump, i really failed this time in describing the build. building the Revell corsair was not easy, the fold able wings where held together with these puny little hinges, i ended up just gluing the wings solid, beacuse they would so easily break. this created a huge issue, the wings would droop and sag, i had to hold them up with tape, and this kind of ruined the paint between the seems as they would sag. one of the landing gears broke in half taking it off the sprue, so i had to fix it, and it was not easy.

Somewhatcleanedup.jpg
you can see here me using the tape to hold up the wings to prevent sagging, this worked very well...

Canopybeingfitted.jpg
i attach the canopy, not yet glued... i have to make sure it fits well before i glue, beacuse if i dont, i could screw up a entire canopy fidgiting with it wile glue is on it.

compleetlyconstructedpaintunderway.jpg
for finishing paint and some of the clear, it proved another annoying challenge, the only red paint i had at first was useless and annoying acrylic paint! i tried applying 4 cotes and some spots still would not cover, so i re did it and used red enamel and within a single coat was success. then i had issues with decals! 2 decals on the wings where ruined, due to the fact the adhesives on them where poor, so i had to be innovative

Engine2.jpg
now completely assembled and most of the paint finished, the F4U Corsair is now simply awaiting the USMC Custom decal, and it will be finished, here is a good look at the engine.

sideview.jpg
looking shiny!!!

Uptopsideview.jpg
named it Paul after my grandpa.

Hopefully soon the Corsair will be done, when its finishes i am not going to just take pictures, but i will do a voice over recording where i will review it myself.

13aceofspades13 said:
i have been making a gift for my grandpa, it is a Vought F4U-4C Corsair, my grandpa was in the Marine Corps, and his birthday is the 31st of October, so in honor of him i am building this model. the build is not as detailed as i wanted it to be... kind of disapointing on my part

I wouldn't be too worried about the detail and I wouldn't be disappointed at all, I bet Grandpa will love it. That is a very cool thing to do and you should be very happy with your build.

;D

ScaleModelMadman said:
13aceofspades13 said:

I wouldn't be too worried about the detail and I wouldn't be disappointed at all, I bet Grandpa will love it. That is a very cool thing to do and you should be very happy with your build.

;D

thanks man, im sure grandpa will enjoy it, when ever i build them he always has to come down and see what i am doing, he seems to enjoy watching me build them, i noticed he didnt have any airplanes in his US Marine Corps collection so i decided to do him a favor XD.

its broken... someone knocked the box it was in on the floor, and it broke the wing of the fusolage, and broke the landing gear i had to fix before, i dont know if i will have the time to fix it. this is a utter desaster!!! :'(

I'm sure it can be fixed. And fairly quickly, barring anything worse than the landing gear.
It's only a disaster if you let it be

Quaralane said:
I'm sure it can be fixed. And fairly quickly, barring anything worse than the landing gear.
It's only a disaster if you let it be
it was alot easier for me to repair then i thought it was going to be, by a miracle of god the landing gear went right back together again. it had already broke when i took it of the sprue so i had to fix it the same way i did then, the difference was this time the plane is all put together and the last time it wasn't so i had to be a little more careful. to my amazement, the landing gear went right back into place with little fuss at all, the wing actually posed a bigger issue than the landing gear did. fixing the wing should have been the easiest part, but for some reason it refused to go back into place, so i had to work it there.

Latest posts

Back