F1 Prediction Game 2013 season

Some greats comments here guys, I love how F1 fans can have intelligent and sometimes passionate discussions but not full on arguments.
Makes a change from some of the Rugby Union meatheads ive worked with in the past :)

as far as supension I dont see that happening at all as team orders are legal and the orders caused no issues outside of Merc and Red Bull.

All I can say now is, bring on China, lets settle it on the track and boo the 3 week break :(

Welcome to China

I was suprised to read this today

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/motor-racing-webber-did-not-deserve-win-says-105813320--f1.html;_ylt=Aos8Br4pyy6VvQ65XB5lqmk3..B_;_ylu=X3oDMTRxbTRubHZpBGNjb2RlA3ZzaGFyZWFnMnVwcmVzdARtaXQDTWl4ZWQgTGlzdCBOZXdzIEZvciBZb3UEcGtnAzBhZGY5YzliLTViMTAtM2EwNy1iYTEwLWU1NzgyMmI1MmUwZgRwb3MDMwRzZWMDbmV3c19mb3JfeW91BHZlcgM5MTkwMWQ5My1hMmE5LTExZTItOWZhZS0xMGVhYzE4NTc3YjI-;_ylg=X3oDMTJucmJrM2RkBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDYjJlM2ZkM2ItZGMzZi0zZWZhLTgxNTgtMTNlMzM0NThjOGY4BHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3

After reading Webbers comments at the Thursday FIA press conference, I'm more impressed with how he's handling the situation in a much more mature way than little boy VET.
And NO punishment for VET from the team and his comments were very arrogant about the subject.

" Sanction as in punishment? Maybe it's a little bit of dreamland that you all live in, What do you expect to happen?"

I think his popularity will go down a bit because of this.

Reminds me of when Prost and Senna drove for McLaren back in the 90's.

Still got my fingers crossed for Jenson and may be Lewis as Nico won China last year.

Start thinking about those top 10's folks

Gag

FP1 Starts in 20 minutes (1355 Local Time) so ill be firing it up.
Cant wait to see what Mclarens modifications are.
They have had 3 weeks, expecting big things.

WebbyNZ said:
FP1 Starts in 20 minutes (1355 Local Time) so ill be firing it up.
Cant wait to see what Mclarens modifications are.
They have had 3 weeks, expecting big things.

Hey Mate!!!! I have 1 hour and 20 minutes to go yet till practice here lol. 2:00 AM here. Im up and ready though haha. I just watched the Pirelli World Challange finish. Going to go put a search on for some swagbucks at swagbucks.com and play a little candy crush (addicting game on facebook) hopefully till then itll be 2 and time for F1 practice ha ha.

Mercedes are looking good after the first 2 practice sessions, looking forward to qually tomorrow

spud said:
Mercedes are looking good after the first 2 practice sessions, looking forward to qually tomorrow

Is tuned in ready to watch the start of quals. LETS GO INCEMAN!!!!! :D Will be making my pics based on qualifying immediately after quals are over.

My Chinese Grand Prix Pics

1. Kimi Raikkonen - Lotus
2. Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes
3. Nico Rossburg - Mercedes
4. Felipe Massa - Ferreri
5. Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
6. Fernando Alonso - Ferreri
7. Jensen Button - McClarren
8. Romain Grosjean - Lotus
9. Niko Hulkenburg - Sauber
10. Mark Webber - Red Bull

Very interesting, if not that active, practice session.
It will make for a very interesting race. I think Red Bull and Mclaren were very smart to set themselves up to run on the prime tyres but im pretty sure it will not guarantee them a podium, just an advantage in the first stint of the race.

Webber is starting from the back :(

the Mercedes have been Very quick all weekend so im going to say a 1-2 for them, but it will be make or break on how long the tires last before the first pit.

1.Rosberg
2.Hamilton
3.Kimi
4.Alonso
5.Vettel
6.Massa
7.Button
8.Grosjean
9.Webber
10.Perez

Great job by Hamilton! That's how you do it. Move to a supposedly slower team, and then put it on pole for only your 3rd race! Who said he did it for the money? (Oh wait I did!) I was wrong! ;D

However, I'm going to predict that Mercedes won't have as strong race pace. Just a feeling with the tyre degredation.

1. Rai
2. Alo
3. Ham
4. Ros
5. Mas
6. Vet
7. Gro
8. Web
9. Hul
10. Sut

Enjoy the race guys. And the rest of the weekend!

Afternoon Chaps,

This is going to be interesting.

VET and BUT on the whites, But is captain smooth if he can keep the field behind him at the start i think maybe a podium, we shall see.

Webby sent me this top ten on Wednesday

1.ALO
2.VET
3.RAI
4.ROS
5.HAM
6.MAS
7.GRO
8.SUT
9.VER
10.BUT

And here's mine.

1.HAM
2.VET
3.RAI
4.ALO
5.BUT
6.MAS
7.WEB
8.GRO
9.SUT
10.HUL

Come on Lewis

Enjoy the race guys

Gag

Great race. If I did the math and points correctly, I got spanked this week and felt good about my choices lol. This is how I have the points for this race. Thinking Nylon Gag will update the official points from this race as well as the season total soon.

Nylon Gag 22
Webby 20
Spud 17
Hooterville75 16
Igard 14

Very happy to see that podium.
Looking forward to Bahrain this weekend, it singnals the 1st of the "caffine" races.
They are called that because here in NZ most of the Middle East/European races start midnight Sunday.
We also get nothing but the 4 sessions of a weekend so the internet is my best friend for news and downloads of things like the F1 show, Euro fans, my jealously of you is greener than a Caterham front wing :)

lol i know how that feels webby. although you will have more of it than us. back to normal now for a few races :)

hooterville75 said:
Great race. If I did the math and points correctly, I got spanked this week and felt good about my choices lol. This is how I have the points for this race. Thinking Nylon Gag will update the official points from this race as well as the season total soon.

Nylon Gag 22
Webby 20
Spud 17
Hooterville75 16
Igard 14

Close Hooters but no banana for you. ;D

I double checked everyones results and here are this weeks scores

Hooters 16
Spud 17
Igard 17
Webby 20
Gag 25

I will post the championship scores later today as i'm at work and don't have them in front of me.

Good call from Webby getting ALO, considering he sent me his top ten on Wednesday before practice, Qually and everything.
I just got real lucky with MAS, HUL & BUT.

Great race though, glad VET didn't catch HAM but it was very exciting watching him try.

Gag

The Nylon Gag said:
Good call from Webby getting ALO, considering he sent me his top ten on Wednesday before practice, Qually and everything.

Great race though, glad VET didn't catch HAM but it was very exciting watching him try.

Gag

I am gonna try the early predictions again as Thursday morning has become 'prediction time' in the office as a couple of the other prediction leagues we are in close before FP1.

Assuming there are no 1st lap incidents im seeing the podium being doiminated by Vet, Alo, Ham & Rai in some combination for at least a race or 2 more.

I think your probably right there Webby, i'm hoping that Jenson will get better after Spain, the first of the european races.

Here are the SMA F1 prediction Championship 2013 standings after three rounds.

1. Gaggles 71
2. Igardo 47
3. Webbers 37
4. Hooters 35
5. Spudly 31

If you want a further breakdown by race let me know chaps, OK.

Gaggles

look at you flying away with the lead. jammy sod. i cant wait for this weeks race,

Ach! I missed qually. I got the time wrong! :mad:

Some nice predictions. This year is very tough to call.

Hamilton has been given a 5 place grid penalty for changing gearbox. :(

Di Resta out qualifying Sutil. :)

1. Vet
2. Alo
3. Ros
4. Ham
5. Web
6. Rai
7. Mas
8. But
9. Dir
10. Sut

I think Red Bull will be strong here. I'm thinking the race is between Alonso and Vettel with the Mercedes race pace being a bit slower than their one lap pace.

Have a good one guys. :)

Latest posts

Back