K Raikk
F Mas
J But
N Ros
L Ham
M Web
A Sut
J-E Ver

Track is currently wet from rain but the temperature is 90 degrees ambient. Temp index is over 100. Track could be completely dried in 20 minutes according to Bob Varsha but another rain pocket is coming towards the track quickly. Hoping for his sake Massa can break his slump and win this weekend in Malaysia. Hes been fast here in prior years. You know your a Open wheel F1 race buff when your up at 3:30 AM to watch the Malaysian Grand Prix :D YEAAAAAA LETS GO ICEMANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spud where you at Mate. Its RACETIMEEEEEEEEEEE HAHA

Might be some fireworks in the garage after the interviews are over ha ha. Going to be some trouble in the Mercedes garages too. Brawn isnt happy but neither is Rossburg.

Well, that was quite a race! :eek:

Really enjoyed it, but obviously I want to have a rant say on some of the events.

Sorry if there are any Vettel fans here, but I've lost all respect for him. Whether you agree with team orders or not, he agreed to them and has been a beneficiary of team orders in the past. He knew that Webber had turned his engine down and that they were to hold position. He took advantage of that and was selfish. He said sorry, but what does that really mean? These 2 can't trust each other now.

Hooterville, it's interesting you mentioned Alonso and his front wing. It's kind of been glazed over by the team orders controversy. I don't think it was all that serious that it would warrant firing him, but I was under the impression that it was deemed unsafe and should incur a penalty.

Great to see Massa driving well again. Go Felipe! 8)

I think the situation with Hamilton and Rosberg was a bit different from the Red Bulls. They had fuelled for a wet race, so were running low. It would have been very unwise to race and run out of fuel or become under-weight and get disqualified. Or to run into each other for that matter.

I want to see exciting racing, but I want to see smart racing, and that does mean team orders come into play. Well played Rosberg, very professional. He knows he can beat Hamilton and will get his chance. Shame on Seb.

Well Vettel is an ass. He is greedy and that was very unprofessional what he did. There is still 17 races to go, now I really hope webber kicks his arse this season and ignores team orders to benefit Vettel.

As for alonso, I think it may have been ok for the lap if webber didn't go in front of him ? No he doesn't need to be sacked he is too good to be dismissed over that,

Not. Big Hamilton fan but really like Mercedes so happy to see them finish well.

Disgusted for force India that wheel nut was just too dangerous to drive with,

And my man button was downright unlucky he could have been third I think.

Great race, going to be some interesting team meetings tonight me thinks.

Points, Malaysia

IGARD = 14 pts
SPUD = 14 pts
HOOTS = 19 pts
GAG = 21 pts
WEBBY = 17 pts

Points after 2 races,

1. GAG = 46 pts
2. IGARD = 30 pts
3. HOOTS = 19 pts
4. WEBBY = 17 pts
5. SPUD = 14 pts

Hopefully we will have some more rain in China, it always makes it interesting.

Next race 14th April, Shanghi
See you in 3 weeks.

Gag

Igard said:
Well, that was quite a race! :eek:

Really enjoyed it, but obviously I want to have a rant say on some of the events.

Sorry if there are any Vettel fans here, but I've lost all respect for him. Whether you agree with team orders or not, he agreed to them and has been a beneficiary of team orders in the past. He knew that Webber had turned his engine down and that they were to hold position. He took advantage of that and was selfish. He said sorry, but what does that really mean? These 2 can't trust each other now.

Hooterville, it's interesting you mentioned Alonso and his front wing. It's kind of been glazed over by the team orders controversy. I don't think it was all that serious that it would warrant firing him, but I was under the impression that it was deemed unsafe and should incur a penalty.

Great to see Massa driving well again. Go Felipe! 8)

I think the situation with Hamilton and Rosberg was a bit different from the Red Bulls. They had fuelled for a wet race, so were running low. It would have been very unwise to race and run out of fuel or become under-weight and get disqualified. Or to run into each other for that matter.

I want to see exciting racing, but I want to see smart racing, and that does mean team orders come into play. Well played Rosberg, very professional. He knows he can beat Hamilton and will get his chance. Shame on Seb.

In regards to Alonso lap that took his nose OFF. Webber did NOT touch him. If you watch the replays the first shows he may have but the second replay shows Webber CLEARLY DID NOT touch Alonso. Alonsos nose bent under the front of the car and clipped it off. He had just went PAST pit lane when it happened AFTER Alonso WENT AGAINST TEAMS ORDERS TO COME IN TO THE PITS FOR A NOSE CHANGE. (Hense the capital letters to show his blatent ignorance of ignoring team orders). Had he pitted like he was ordered too where his pit crew was waiting for him with a new nose to change, he would have finished the race. He disobeyed team orders which isnt cool. I have a new found respect for Hamilton who felt Rossburg should have been on the third step of the podium which Rossburg felt as well but it was Brawns fault neither of the drivers.

There is deffinatley a difference between team orders and team advice.
In the case of Alonso they would have left the final decision to him as the driver, if he had pitted he would not have put on slicks putting him way down the field, if he had kept it together and still been running at or near the front when it cam time to go onto slicks he and the team would have been hailed as brilliant.

Interesting that the guys with the better numbers on their cars (#1 & #9) were the ones trying to get past their team mates, not sure if that would happen at ferrari :)

Nico had a legitimate claim to ask for a chance to show what he could do, especially with Lewis on fuel restrictions, the issue there is not between Nico and Lewis but between Nico and the team.
He should have just asked once then taken the spot, apologies are easier to get than forgiveness :)

"Multi 21" will be talked about for a while to come but what it comes down to is Seb deciding that he would go against Multi 21, which is 1 thing but the way he went about it was the issue I have, very dangerous and unnessiscary attempts getting past his own teammate that could have put both cars on the back of trailers.

Other talking points have to be the serious issues that Force India had with pitstops and having to reture both cars, this is tragedy for a team that so far this year look to be fighting with sauber/williams/torro rosso etc when they really should be keeping mclaren/lotus etc honest.

The major improvements that Mclaren have obviously got out of the car in just 1 week. Hopefully they can keep it up as im really looking forware to another 17 races where Red Bull, Ferrari, Mercedes, Mclaren and Lotus battle it out for drivers and constructors titles.

WebbyNZ said:
There is deffinatley a difference between team orders and team advice.
In the case of Alonso they would have left the final decision to him as the driver, if he had pitted he would not have put on slicks putting him way down the field, if he had kept it together and still been running at or near the front when it cam time to go onto slicks he and the team would have been hailed as brilliant.

Interesting that the guys with the better numbers on their cars (#1 & #9) were the ones trying to get past their team mates, not sure if that would happen at ferrari :)

Nico had a legitimate claim to ask for a chance to show what he could do, especially with Lewis on fuel restrictions, the issue there is not between Nico and Lewis but between Nico and the team.
He should have just asked once then taken the spot, apologies are easier to get than forgiveness :)

"Multi 21" will be talked about for a while to come but what it comes down to is Seb deciding that he would go against Multi 21, which is 1 thing but the way he went about it was the issue I have, very dangerous and unnessiscary attempts getting past his own teammate that could have put both cars on the back of trailers.

Other talking points have to be the serious issues that Force India had with pitstops and having to reture both cars, this is tragedy for a team that so far this year look to be fighting with sauber/williams/torro rosso etc when they really should be keeping mclaren/lotus etc honest.

The major improvements that Mclaren have obviously got out of the car in just 1 week. Hopefully they can keep it up as im really looking forware to another 17 races where Red Bull, Ferrari, Mercedes, Mclaren and Lotus battle it out for drivers and constructors titles.

I see where your coming from and value your opinion as your a very big F1 supporter and know the sport BUT being a race car driver myself from 4 years old in kid karts up till the time of my disability when I had to retire the gloves and shoes team orders are team orders. A driver obeys team orders regardless. His job is to drive the car after the car is prepared for him. It is the job of the engineer to determine weather he needs to pit or not. That's there job as is driving for Alonso. Alonso was told to Pit. Had he not wanted to pit he was notified well enough in advance as it happened in turn 2 or 3 with pit road being just after the last turn before the straight stretch. He had well enough time to discuss options with his engineer on the team radio. He didn't. He chose to blatantly disobey team orders to pit. Regardless if he wanted to or not, had his nose not broke retiring him from the race the FIA would have mandated him to pit the next lap anyways. He clearly had damage that was unsafe not only to him as was determined but other drivers that could have been retired from the race or even hurt from flying debris. I just think Alonso made a stupid mistake that should have never happened. My theory follow team orders period.

In regards to Red Bull vs Mercedes, its night and day difference. Both Mercedes drivers obeyed team orders with Hamilton knowing Rossburg should have been in front of him. It really bothered him that Rossburg wasn't. Rossburg on the other hand was jacked that he couldn't stand on the podium as he should have been. The two teammates congratulated each other after the race and continued on. Brawn told Rossburg they would talk later and Rossburgs reply was "Just remember this". Red Bull drivers were told to turn the motors back. Webber followed team orders and Vettel didn't. Basically as wrong as Alonso was. What Vettel did was even worse as he made a pass putting Webber in danger with some serious nasty driving almost hitting the inside wall.

I realize were not arguing as its just friendly chit chat in regards to what happened in the race however its a difference in opinion about on track actions which is something more that makes this spot we love so much better ha ha. I respect your opinion on everything, just giving mine as we differ in opinions ha ha. Id love to be a little bug on the window during both team meetings Monday morning as well as the Vettel vs Webber conversation after the podium interviews behind the scenes ha ha. Bring on China :D

I agree with all comments regarding Vettell, I just lost any respect I had for him. Flash back to a few years ago when he took out Webber when he was in the lead....

I think the gloves are off in team Redbull. Webber should cut his loses at the end of this season and retire or switch teams. It's obvious, right or wrong, that Redbull wil continue to look after their ace driver at Webbers expense.

Of course I am biased being Australian, but nice too hear others feel the same way.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-alonso-still-positive-title-chances-130834516.html

It turns out it was Ferrari's decision to keep Alonso from coming into the pits at the end of lap 1. I think they must have thought he could carry on until he needed slick tyres. It does seem a bit odd though. That wing looked ready to snap off to me.

I think the only way to restore any modicum of trust between Webber and Vettel now, would be for Red Bull to give Vettel a 1 race suspension. It would send a message to every driver that they are not bigger than the team and that team orders must be adhered to.

Will that happen? I very much doubt it. As Webber said, "He will be protected". ::)

i read that on sky sports today also.

I agree with the race ban that should be imposed for not complying with the teams orders.

Im no fan of team orders but when its it Agreed upon before the race and it should be adhered too. and in the manner in which he attacked for it he defo needs a race ban.

I hear ya Spud. I'm not a fan of race orders either but when you have the money invested in the machines that these teams do its kind of like the rules at work. I don't agree with a lot of rules in the work force, forums, laws in our country etc. In the end, they are set and have to be followed. I think the FIA should issue a sanction against Vettel for his tactics of pinching webber below the white line. I'm confused by the team deciding to keep him out as team radio was even transmitted during the race instructing Alonso to pit. The announcers of the race on TV even said the team was waiting for him to pit with nose in hand. Very surprising to read that. Good stuff though. In the end its racing man ha ha ha ha.

Morning friends,

I don't think Vettle should be suspended for a race, and i don't think he will be because it could end up hurting the team later in the season for championship/driver points, plus, i don't think the sponsors would be happy about it either, but i don't think his actions should go unpunished.

I think the team should give him a very large and very public fine ($100,000+), this would show him, and everyone else, that there are consiquences to his actions and he is not bigger than the team. If he just gets a slap on the wrist, i think he WILL do it again.

Can the team recover? The team will be OK, but the relationship between Webber and Vettle, i'm not so sure. ::)

"We are not friends, but we do respect each other", i wonder how much they respect each other now.

Webber has had a beef with the team since Silverstone a few years ago when they gave Vettle HIS new development wing after Vettle damaged his in practice.
Webber still won the race but made the "not bad for a number two driver" comment on the slow down lap.
Then they crashed in Turkey fighting for the lead, at the time i thought Webber was very aggressive and could of avoided that crash but at least he still finished the race, but the bad blood has been there for several years between them. :mad:

I think Vettle showed his immaturity, "I didn't do it on purpose" he said after, I call BS, of course you did, it seemed like a pretty purposeful bit of overtaking to me.
I don't know what "Multi 21" means but i understood "hold station" & "this is silly Seb" on the radio.

Also, I want a job at Ferrari because i could of told them that Alonso's wing wasn't going to last until the first pit stop. :-\
Did they just get off the boat or something, with there level of experience, unforgivable. :-[

But i think the thing that annoyed me the most about the whole race is the miserable faces on the podium. What a bunch of friggin winers.
You have just got a podium in the pinnicle of World motorsport, FORMULA 1, Smile for F*** sake, or at least move over and let me have a go.

China should be interesting OFF track as much as ON track.
I can't wait. ;D

Gag

I think A huge fine is what is needed 100k is noting to an F1 driver. I dont think the FIA will get involved with itas he did noting wrong only disobey team orders, and from what i remember they dont like team orders too much

It's an internal team matter and nothing to do with the FIA. The punishment has to come from the team.

However, listen to Christian Horner's tone of voice when he says 'Come on Seb, this is silly' and then compare it to Ross Brawn's 'Negative, Nico. Negative'. Brawn is firm and stern whereas Horner sounds almost like he knows Vettel won't listen to him. I don't think Horner can control Vettel. Vettel believes he's bigger than everyone at Red Bull.

I think a fine is the only realistic punishment. I'd be surprised if it's as high as 100k, but the number doesn't matter. It means very little to the drivers. A suspension really is the only way to restore order, but I know that's not going to happen.

I do know this; China will be very intersting indeed...

I agree with yas but Ive seen the FIA punish drivers (Schumacher in specific) for alot less for on track incidents. It's over and done with now where the FIA would have already sanctioned a penalty if they were going too. The sport we all love ha ha. China, where are ya. Lets go already ha ha.

Latest posts

Back