Entries, Questions and References

Re: Battle of Britain - Air Superiority: Nerd Herd Group Build

Upload you images to Imagehack, use the URL code for forums, I use 400-600

Thanks Scott;
http://[C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Battle Damage 2.jpg/img]
[img]C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Battle Damage 1.jpg

These are scanned from an old FSM (May 1989). the guy who did the build wroyte a small artice of bvattle damaging a WW2 aircraft model. He used a foil with strip PS behind it for the flak torn section.

Scott Girvan said:
Take this and throw it in, or at the edge, of a cornfield. Pilot stumbling out from the wreckage and I think I got a plan.

The book I scanned with the image of the He 111 had a war poster of just that. Kind of looks like Tin Tin walking wasy from a Spitfire crash in some English field.

doh!

Here are the images I meant.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: Battle of Britain - Air Superiority: Entries, Questions and References

I organized the posts in this forum a bit so some of the discussion flow might be odd in the earlier posts. This is more for the purposes of seeing how to format our Official SMA organized GBs in the future. I wanna keep the forum list from getting too bloated so this format should work much better than what I was talking to Scott about.

So here is a little change to the rules of this group build on how to post your stuff. :)

DreamKnight said:
Rules
Pick a side. Either the RAF or the Luftwaffe. Then pick a plane. It has to be a plane used in this battle.

Entry Post
Reply to this topic of what you will be doing for this group build. You can accompany the reply with a photo of the box of the model.

Work in Progress
Start a new topic in this forum for your "Work in Progess" thread so you can post updates to your build and others can make comments.

Reveal Post
When you have completed your build, post a new Topic in the "The goal is completion, not perfection" using [BoB GB] to begin your topic and follow it with a description of your build (e.g. "[BoB GB] Supermarine Spitfire 1/48")

JMac said:
He used a foil with strip PS behind it for the flak torn section.

Can you explain this a bit more. What is strip PS?

After reading Shep Payne's awesome book he recommends thining the inside of the fuselage and then twisting a knife to model bullet holes. Would you put tin foil (aluminum foil) insde the plastic fuselage to model the torn insides? I guess I need to learn more about Spitfire construction.

Sorry - Just strips of polystyrene. Basically the damage to the FW 190 was done with the same procedure. The fuselage was thinned to the point of a hole forming right through, a piece of aluminum foil was placed over the hole on the inside and puttied in place. The model was then painted and the damage inflicted on the foil section.

DK - I like the new layout here. Thanks.

Cool. and the strips were to modeling the ribbing?

Yeah great work DK! You are rocking the GB!

Haha thanks. I just wanted to organize it better for future GBs. I notice I start missing things using just one thread to organize a build.

Hi All,

Not been on the Forum in a while and noticed this GB! Ive just finished my 1/48 tamiya 109 E-3 as Josef Priller's ride "Yellow One" which I was meant to do for the spring contest. but never finished in time :(

Would this be appropriate? from what Ive read thus far this craft would seem to fit the time he was using it ...

I'll hand this off to DreamKnight but I don't see why not? Welcome to the forum JediPuju.

JediPuju said:
Hi All,

Not been on the Forum in a while and noticed this GB! Ive just finished my 1/48 tamiya 109 E-3 as Josef Priller's ride "Yellow One" which I was meant to do for the spring contest. but never finished in time :(

Would this be appropriate? from what Ive read thus far this craft would seem to fit the time he was using it ...

The 109 would fit, I'm not sure if the E-3 was used in BoB yet but we're not really going to be picky about that. The thing is, you already finished it right? lol This is a GB where the purpose is everyone suppose to start at the beginning together and finish together. Submitting something you already finished kinda defeat the purpose but we also didn't specific that you had to start from the beginning when we started this.

So go ahead if you actually built it during the contest. We'll just say you "did it with us in spirit". ;)

Less than two weeks until this GB is done! :) Do we need another one or 2 week extension for late comers and for the other to get their stuff finished up? :)

Scott Girvan said:
An extension would ROCK. I think I can authorize that....LOL.

HAHA, ok let's extend it to the end of August. It'll over lap WOMW but that's just starting with a pretty long build time. :)

Latest posts

Back