Entries, Questions and References

Re: Battle of Britain - Air Superiority: Nerd Herd Group Build

Real wild !!! . F111s flew in the Battle of Britain, Would have been a real sight hey !!! LOL. To much QLD weather for you Bud!!!!. Paul...

LOL That would have be a one sided fight then.

Woot! Good luck. I'll post mine when I order and get my model in.

OK, I put in an order for a Hawker Hurricane. Wanted to try the BF110 but the shipping cost came out insane for it. Bleh.

Well, I've gone through the entire stash (somewhere between 4-500) and the only thing I got IN THAT SCALE is a crappy old Airfix Me-109 that I don't even want to look at. I let the kids build those ones when they want to go at 'er. I have 3 other builds on the go at the moment anyway (1/35 25 pdr. field gun in a dio, 1/35 King Tiger for Scott's GB, and a 1/48 F-86D for another GB) so I'm gonna have to just watch this one. Keep the pics comin' boys.

Awe, that's alright. My Spitfire should be coming in a couple of hours if UPS didn't woosie out on the rain. lol

BTW, Bullet, which scale do you usually build in?

Aww, I wish I could get in on this one guys, I'm in 2 other GB's at the moment on another forum. Be watching this with interest for sure , great subject too , all the best ;D

We can alway up the time limit. Been thinking of running more with longer expire times so you can get into a few without worrying about the time. What you guys think about doing it that way? I'm not sure how you guys do your models. I usually have 3 or 4 going.

Nice.

wow, I got a lot of ground to cover...

Wow, some nice work happening here!
DreamKnight- I don't build in any particular scale, or subject for that matter. I only mentioned scale because the only 3 kits I have in the pile that would have been in that battle are 2 Spits and a Hurricane, but they are in 1/32. I did recently do a 1/72 Stuka though, lol.

Ah! Right on Bullet!

Looking good Speed and Shark! :)

(NOTE: Deadline extended by 4 months)

Doh! Looks like some posts got cut here.

How's Speedster doing? :) Last I heard he was already up for primer and painting! :)

Might be because people might think it's too late to start already. :) It's ok. I'mma gonna start a couple more other GB here with lots of time frame to start and finish with different subjects to try and cover a broader base of models and types you can choose from.

More good progress, guys! Well-played to you for dealing with the hard grounders hit your way (cracked canopies, etc)

Gee willikers I wish I had the time to get in on this one. One of the great things about this build is that fact that there are no nit picking rivet counters crawling all over the subject areas. I am not much of a rivet counter in reality but from past experiences with builds and competitions I have seen some fantastic models dismissed because they were the Wakka Naukka 14-3D and even an idiot knows that in the Battle of Buttered Scone Valley the Red Wigglers only used the Wakka Kaukka 14-3C Mk2 with peanut butter injection and left threaded fizzlers.

I know you're not supposed to hate anything or any one, but i can't help it. I love builds lke this that are so gosh dared encouraging and inclusive and no one is being negative or poopy about left threaded fizzlers.

Hmmm. There is a considerable time frame here... I just got a lovely Italian biplane that was used during the BoB... Hmmmm

Go for it and join in then. :) I don't know about all the "rivet" riga-malola. We just wanna build, have fun doing it and share it with each other regardless what kinda rivets is on the plane. lol

Just have fun and pride in what you have built! That's what it's about.

I agree, just jump in.

Latest posts

Back