D9R - Meng 1/35 Armored Bulldozer

Scott Girvan said:
You sure are rippin' through this build. No chance for us to doze off!

Trying to Scott! I really can't wait to get to trying to paint and weather this one!! :eek: Not to mention this kit falls together!!

are you going try make the Slat armor for it then?

Nice job on the ripper Todd

Thanks Spud! As for the slat...on the fence! 50/50 on what I see and it does look really kewl but trying to have some fun....will give it some thought though ::)

like the build log feel like im building it my self...keep up the good work looking an impressive build

rookie said:
Scott Girvan said:
You sure are rippin' through this build. No chance for us to doze off!

Ha!

Now you just are encouraging him!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

bdr65 said:
kool, that ripper looks, well ripping good ;D

LOL..thanks a bunch!! Steady forward progress!! Hope to have some more soon!!

adampolo13 said:
This sure does look like a pretty sweet kit! I'm fighting the urge to get one myself.

Yeah?? How's that working out for ya Adam?? ::)....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

geegad said:
like the build log feel like im building it my self...keep up the good work looking an impressive build

Thanks Gee!! Sometimes its nice to see the progress on something SBS style. Plus if I come across anything that poses and issue I will post it. Much better than the usual "look, here is the box, he is the finished build"!! Its fun to play along!! ;)

like you say you see any problems you can give us a heads up nice one not get building and stop posting

adampolo13 said:
T, yer ain't done yet? I'm waiting for an update! :p

WOW...what are you trying to do there Adam??? Of course the wolves smell blood....

Mfun said:
We all are waiting for an update !! ;)

LOL...like a wolf pack!! ;D Making progress...but, the lawn needs a trim. Should have something a bit later!! ;)

LOL...like a wolf pack!! ;D Making progress...but, the lawn needs a trim. Should have something a bit later!! ;)
[/quote]

More like a hungry man waiting for the next meal !! ;D

OK, time for a little update. Slow day at the bench, busy day in the yard...it has to be done sometimes!

I was able to finish cleaning the Ripper parts and giving the the ole install~ Still a dry fit on the plates and the hydraulics. I want to ensure I will have an easy go of the painting session.

D9011_zps34ddc78d.jpg

The tow hooks needed a little clean up. I found an EPM on the inside bend of the hook a light seam line over the hitch pins. They will get attached to the main structure prior to painting.

D9013_zps3278a205.jpg

Onto the office!! The cabin parts were all cleaned....

D9017_zps129d6593.jpg

All of these parts more or less fall together nicely! The seats are dry fit but ...fit like a glove!

D9030_zpse6be008a.jpg

A little bit of a layout!

D9020_zps0b1c8163.jpg

I will be cleaning up the cabin walls and window frames tomorrow. Plotting what needs to be glued now and what can wait while the painting takes over....still plenty to do before that though!!

As always...thanks for tuning in!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wow this is so cool! I saw this kit on HLJ and was tempted to buy it. I never realized how incredibly detailed it is.

I actually work at a site IRL where we operate I believe the D10 model, every day. Dozers with the ripper attachment, but not the armor, they do slope sculpting and surfacing type stuff. They make the coolest noise, this clack-clack-clack sound. Really cool piece of equipment and awesome kit, can't wait to see it finished.

ummm pictures..and loving the detail in this kit your doing a cracking job bud keep it up

rookie said:
Nice detail in the cabin, will look good painted and weathered.

I am really looking forward to the weathering end of things!! Working the cabin walls today...even more details in there!! ;)

Cave_Dweller said:
Wow this is so cool! I saw this kit on HLJ and was tempted to buy it. I never realized how incredibly detailed it is.

I actually work at a site IRL where we operate I believe the D10 model, every day. Dozers with the ripper attachment, but not the armor, they do slope sculpting and surfacing type stuff. They make the coolest noise, this clack-clack-clack sound. Really cool piece of equipment and awesome kit, can't wait to see it finished.

Hey CD!! Lots of nice little details on this...I am sure there is room for improvement as with anything else but great as is!! Seen a couple working in construction before, they are huge!! I suppose the clack clack clack in a battle front is synonymous with the sound a Huey put out where often just the sound would make em run for cover!!

geegad said:
ummm pictures..and loving the detail in this kit your doing a cracking job bud keep it up

Thanks Gee...appreciate it!!

spud said:
Fantastic.

Thanks Spud!!! Now get busy on yours!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back