D9R - Meng 1/35 Armored Bulldozer

TRM

Hey there,

Just getting this underway as it only arrived on Friday. I have a review for this submitted with Armorama and should be up in a day or so...since that is complete, looks like I will be starting this real soon! Her is the obligatory box shots:

003_zps229cc703.jpg

005_zps61fa97a7.jpg

There should be some wear-n-tear on this one one I reach the finish!

Thanks for stopping in!! ;)

Ill have mine on Monday i hope :) and i will most likly dig into it monday

Come on Monday then Spud!! LOL...looking forward to it!!

I managed to rip into the tracks...not the first thing called for in the instruction but I was never good for following the rules!!

D9Tracks005_zps3f1bda3f.jpg

D9Tracks014_zps847d2c07.jpg

The links intertwine with only one glue attachment on one side of the track pin.

D9Tracks017_zpsa2b7a118.jpg

The underside of the track shoe there is an ejection pin mark. this will be all but invisible after construction. I just wanted to show the quick fix if someone chose to do so. A little putty, quick sand and done!

D9Tracks010_zps4b8bcd8f.jpg

So bad, this is not to bad of a process. Clean up seems to be the most tedious part and that is not bad at all. I will be plugging away at the tracks first and may start the under carriage at some point soon. I figured get the track installation underway early on!

Thanks for tuning in!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

LOL...glad to have you here my mid-western brotha'!! ;D Getting ready to take a break from the linkage and have a look-c at some of these big o'pices!! ;)

Lol Mine will be here this afternoon :) I was thinking like you do the track get them outa the way :)

spud said:
Lol Mine will be here this afternoon :) I was thinking like you do the track get them outa the way :)

Kewlness!! almost there then by now!! ;D Inch or two together and clean some big parts...inch or two, clean some parts...before you know it, tracks are done and you have a pile of puzzle pieces to snap together!

FYI my friend! The instructions call out for 43 links per side. No mention if that includes the end links. I was shared a link to some Japanese site where a fella constructed one (not sure if it was a prototype or not) and mentioned 43 as too little 44 as too loose?? LOL!! My thought is to stop at 42, wait until the running gear is in place and see for myself. Who know if the person set the bogies correctly or not. In his bogie assembly it show he had a rough go of things due to the part mold...I double checked mine and the parts were cleaner than what he had!! If I find anything pertinent as I go, I will let you know as I know you would if you zip past me at some point!! ;)

hehe, thanks for the heads up on that. i cant wait to attack mine :)

I also have the DEP book Doobi D9 Variants on its way...if there was something specific you were looking for, let me know!

T, it just hit me. Your finally doing a real Modern vehicle!!! :eek: haha.

Track work looks great so far dude!

WICKED COOL, man! I wish now someone would do a Bucyrus-Erie dragline crane, the kind they used to strip coal with. Not military, I know, but construction vehicles make me smile!

Scott Girvan said:
Very cool project. Looking forward to the paint...of course.

Thanks Scott!! LOL...Me too brotha'!! Painting and weathering...real good time!! :)

adampolo13 said:
T, it just hit me. Your finally doing a real Modern vehicle!!! :eek: haha.

Track work looks great so far dude!

LOL...yeah, if you forget I need to finish the BMP... ::) The tracks are pretty cool on this one!! Not too stressful at all!!

Eastrock said:
Defo, following the build, T :D

Waz up ER? Thanks buddy, glad to have you along for the ride my friend!! I promise to watch out for those stray "cats" in the road too!!! ;D

the doog said:
WICKED COOL, man! I wish now someone would do a Bucyrus-Erie dragline crane, the kind they used to strip coal with. Not military, I know, but construction vehicles make me smile!

Thanks D!! I hear ya!! There is a whole untapped market out there. THis one could easily be done up in the CAT styling if someone wanted to go through the effort...but CAT themselves could clean up on their own line of equipment!! ;)

Just got back from a little side job I took on. I will have a small update later as I managed to prep up some pieces early this morning!! ;D Time management is a wonderful thing sometimes!! See y'all soon! ;D

Thanks John!! Proving to be a really fun kit!! Working some of the under carriage now!! Nice beastie!! ;D ;D ;D

Mfun said:
Great kit :eek: wait for more pictures about the construction.

Thanks you!! ;) You asked for it!! ;D

OK, time for another quick one. The tracks were being done out of order from the instructions so as I go, the second set will be done...I guess that means one is done then!!

D9Step1amp2002_zpsc768b9de.jpg

The instructions called for 43 links in the tracks and there is a set of end links as part of the regular sprue trees and not the track trees. Someone sent a link to me of a Korean forum where a builder ran into issues with the links...43 too loose and 42 too tight. Since I do not have the bogies assembled yet, I chose to stop the pattern at 42 until I check the fit for myself. The individual on the other forum had not used the end links, not that this would cause the problem but being safe rather than sorry right now!

Step one of the construction then. The Undercarriage.

D9Step1amp2004_zps838beaa7.jpg

A quick dry fit shows things will go together nicely.

D9Step1amp2008_zpseeba2b67.jpg

I managed to get the parts cleaned up from step 2 and these will be fit to the undercarriage shortly I think!

D9Step1amp2010_zpsc878112f.jpg

Moving right along now! I will be cleaning more parts than installing tonight I think! Dragging my feet a little waiting for the Desert Eagle book on the D9 to arrive!!

As always, thanks for dropping in for a bit!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Back