D9R - Meng 1/35 Armored Bulldozer

Big-John said:
Oh man T!!! That thing is screaming to be weathered!!!! Look at all that nice detail!

Ain't that the truth Brotha'!! ;D

Tailor said:
That's go to be one of the best kit releases this year!
What beautiful detail! ... and top notch building quality there!
Nice work, dude!

Spot on Guido...solid kit all around!! Thanks for having a Look-C!! ;)

Gonna have to get me one of these ;D ;D Nice work bro .

Chris.

adampolo13 said:
T, quit slacking! Yer supposed to be done by now!

haha

LOL...NICE!! Seemed to have missed this one yesterday!! ::) Workign on an update bro!! Soon!! ;)

Chris S said:
Gonna have to get me one of these ;D ;D Nice work bro .

Chris.

Thanks Chris!! I could see you having a bit of fun with this one!! It's all about the weathering sometimes!! ;D ;D

Well well well, it must seem like I am sleeping at the wheel on this...LOL! A little matter of painting the interior got in the way and slowed the pace a bit.

So here is what I have been up to...for the most part!

A little prime-time had to fall first!

D9Cabinpainting002_zps63c71302.jpg

The ceiling! I added a grab handle as well as a little wiring to the rack mounted equipment.

D9Cabinpainting019_zps0eabc44a.jpg

Not wasting to much time on the interior end of the one here is where the painting stands now, minus any Decs that will go on in about 5 minutes after I stop typing here....

D9Cabinpainting020_zpsff49487a.jpg

Needless to say, the walls are not fixed here yet, hence the gaps. I still need to move around to get the decs on and maybe a touch or two of weathering.

D9Cabinpainting022_zps486d7201.jpg

D9Cabinpainting024_zps8b9a8c14.jpg

D9Cabinpainting035_zps70af3fdf.jpg

I have to admit that I am impressed with how this comes together with a little paint. The detailing in the cabin is pretty much just enough to add some interest once this will be done. I did have to bend and add some grab bars to the interior. the one over the console is the only on provided with the kit. There were molded nubs where the other are (all in red of course).

D9Cabinpainting030_zpsd4878067.jpg

D9Cabinpainting033_zpsbd3d733c.jpg

Please disregard that small white thread between the pedals...not sure how that got there, but no, it is not some sort of weird electrical connection. Also, there are a couple parts missing at the moment as the glazing will need to be installed prior to their installation...next...I first need to work out some masking for the glass.

As always, thanks for dropping by!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Scott Girvan said:
nice. Looks great man.

Thanks Scott...appreciate it! ;)

JohnSimmons said:
Love how those chairs look so life like 8)

Thanks John! I am really diggin the inside of the cab area...the chairs are pretty neat! ;D

This is looking fantastic!! I will be watching for more progress.

Terry ;D

MrT said:
This is looking fantastic!! I will be watching for more progress.

Terry ;D

Thanks T! Appreciate it! ;)

spud said:
ohh yer a step ahead of me now. :D looks awesome Todd

LOL...I knew we were aroudn the same point or so...the painting has slowed me down a bit!!! Some clear, a little weathering and the afterburners might kick in!!

zappa said:
awesome!

zappa

Thanks a bunch Z!! ;D

Mfun said:
Every step you take on this beast puts me :eek:

;D...Thank you again Sir! With any luck, I will work out my masking tonight and get the walls altogether!! ::) Time to let the beast come together!!! ;)

adampolo13 said:
T- you better hurry up! Less than a month to go. ;)

LOL...Hurry up? Why? ;D This might give me something to do while at the table!! 8) I would find it hard to not get this done in a month! Might not have the base done, but the dozer should be set!! ;)

I smell bacon and eggs coming my way if yer don't get her done.

TRM said:
I would find it hard to not get this done in a month!

I guess I'll just have to keep pushing you to start more builds! ;)

adampolo13 said:
I smell bacon and eggs coming my way if yer don't get her done.

TRM said:
I would find it hard to not get this done in a month!

I guess I'll just have to keep pushing you to start more builds! ;)

Almost going to guess I would finish before you and the Hummer? ::) I might need a little pro-rating due to the size of this! ;D LOL...btw, 5 is not enough? :p

Latest posts

Back