D9R - Meng 1/35 Armored Bulldozer

John and Bruce...thanks fellas!! Been trying to get back into the swing of things here, sorry for the late reply!

OK...coming off a little stretch getting acclimated with the new compressor and other life duties that arose, comes another little update. I have a plan on what I am after here so if it seems a bit confusing, it may clear up buy the later stages. For waht it was worth, a little shading...

D9PrimeampPzIVPrime019_zps20743005.jpg

D9PrimeampPzIVPrime022_zps5b22d4c0.jpg

You are seeing this correctly, light grey primer on the top and yellow on the bottom. No particular reason other than it was what I grabbed off the bench!! The lower end is darker with the next application so it will not matter too much.

058_zps0f50e68c.jpg

So this is where it stands... I have shaded numerous other parts as well as base coating the bogies and rollers in the same fashion. I will be moving forward on this during the week and will attempt to keep things updated. I have have the ArmorCon Show to attend Friday and Saturday this week and will be leaving for the show on Thursday! My thought was to bring this and work on some weathering at the show....all depends on how far along I get on the painting.

056_zps9c917ea6.jpg

As always, thanks for tuning in!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

letsgobrowns82 said:
Nice update. Its looking good!

Thanks bortha'!! Hoping to get the next coat on the lower end tonight as well as work the top side!!! ;)

LOL...no calling in sick!! At least not for me anyway!! LOL!! With any luck I should move along from here!! Let's see what I can get done!! ;D

Thanks Bruce...seems I am off a few days thanks to the show last weekend!! ;)

....FINALLY I a might be getting back into the swing of things!! The past two weeks were a blur with the ArmorCon Show and then a nice head cold to throw things off. I managed to at least get back into the saddle again...

Firing up the AB I laid down some base yellow on the lower end. As you may have guessed I will go after some chipping with some CAT yellow variants mixed in.

025_zps4e4be5be.jpg

A little bright at the moment...but it won't be left this way for long!!!

Next on the block was going after some of the upper cab section. I decided to use AK's 4BO shading for starters!

001_zpsb3b7b90e.jpg

Then digging into AK's Afghanistan Set the German Beige Grey is a nice step in the right direction....

005_zps55c7b0a6.jpg

I unfortunately spent the past four days working withe the web stuff as well as trying to move two other projects along. The gap between them is closing so I should hopefully be able to step this up a bit this week!

As always...thanks for stopping by!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Was going to ask you what set the grey comes with. Cool. May have to get that one also. 8)

Thanks Bruce!! I was a little better on my timing this ....time!! :p The set if for nothing else is 6 more colors to play with! I did take a few colors I have that are close to, let's say the darker IDF Grey and the German Beige Grey was pretty close. After this its lightening, filters and washes to bring it together!! ;)

very nice, i presume teh yellow is teh under coat before it got painted?

Awesome work. Its looking great. Every time I look at your updates I am further tempted to order one of these kits!

spud said:
very nice, i presume teh yellow is teh under coat before it got painted?

Thanks Spuddicus!! Only on the lower section.... ;D I am working a couple of the techniques into this one as I am looking for the transition between the lower and upper sections.

letsgobrowns82 said:
Awesome work. Its looking great. Every time I look at your updates I am further tempted to order one of these kits!

Thanks you Sir! Appreciated it! I know you would enjoy it btw...the construction part was big fun...the painting is a chore in some respects but worth the effort so far! The end game I am really looking forward to!! ;)

adampolo13 said:
Looks great dude!

Thanks Buddy! Letting life get back to normal after the show and feeling crappy...not to mention all that other "work" you know about that I have tried to clear off the bench!! :p

Well I could hold out no longer and just ordered this kit on ebay. I'm going to blame you and Adam for the p.m. he sent me encouraging me to buy this kit lol. I'm going to have to quit my job to get through all the models in my stash.

letsgobrowns82 said:
Well I could hold out no longer and just ordered this kit on ebay. I'm going to blame you and Adam for the p.m. he sent me encouraging me to buy this kit lol. I'm going to have to quit my job to get through all the models in my stash.

::) Nice!! Sorry b''bout that....I will toss more of the blame at Adam!! ;D ;D ;D He is younger... her can take it!! Hope he told you he has one of these in his stash as well?? 8) He best keep an eye on his stash as well!! ;)

[/quote]

::) Nice!! Sorry b''bout that....I will toss more of the blame at Adam!! ;D ;D ;D He is younger... her can take it!! Hope he told you he has one of these in his stash as well?? 8) He best keep an eye on his stash as well!! ;)
[/quote]
Haha, yeah Adam talked it up and said it was a must have. With how great this is looking I'm not going to be able to post a thread for mine!

MrT said:
Wow this is looking outstanding!!

Terry ;D

Thank you very much T!!! ;)

[/quote]
Haha, yeah Adam talked it up and said it was a must have. With how great this is looking I'm not going to be able to post a thread for mine!
[/quote]

NO...not true!! The more the merrier!! LOL!! Adam has one...he is just scared I think :eek:...Spuddicus has one...bring it on!!! ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back