COMPLETE - Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Re: Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

what does diping it in future do?

Tels him hoe this will finish out spud! :eek:

(((((((((((((LOL)))))))))))))))

Sorry bud, couldn't resist.....it give that nice new car shine to the glass!!! Nice and clear!!!

no I am getting thy coat!! 8)

LOL - I cleaned the 'glass' with alcohol and then dipped it just to clean it up, gloss coat it.

At the end of the day the windshield will be filthy, just wanted to make sure all my greasy fingerprints were long gone.

lol T mind the door dont hit yer arse on the way out.

Thanks scott, this whole future/Klear this is still new to me and im not really gone on it.

...not really gone on it...

Not sure what that means. Not really convinced? or understand what it does? or something else? lol.

It's just a clear gloss. Basically acrylic paint with no pigment.

spud said:
lol T mind the door dont hit yer arse on the way out.

Thanks scott, this whole future/Klear this is still new to me and im not really gone on it.

Oh! spud? You don't Klear your Glass? Wow! Uits the best thing that happened to Styrene glass since sliced bread! It brings that Deep shine ! You must try it! Eventually!

Scott nice going.... cutting that big clear dome! Impressive!

Thanks Norm. I taped both sides with masking tape, drew a line and went really slow with the Dremel. Once I got it close I used a new No.11 to scrape it down to size.

And I held my breath the entire time. LOL. Glad that's done.

lol norm i havent done a car in 20 years and i doubt the tiny specs of glass on a tank would need it ;D

spud said:
lol norm i havent done a car in 20 years and i doubt the tiny specs of glass on a tank would need it ;D

Dude, Future is for more than just floors and car windows.

Aircraft canopies, pre-coat for decals, just a gloss coat in general. Heck I have a guy here that mixes 1 part Future, 1 part water and 1 part Vallejo Model color, and airbrushes it. Swears by it, takes all the guess work out of thinning Vallejo Model color for airbrushing. Haven't tried it myself, but since he works for a paint company, he knows a few things about paint. May have to give it a try myself.

Ive used it for sealing before decals but i just not a fan of it

Bit of an update. Took care of a few smaller items such as window weather seals, door handles, clear parts, rusting out the homemade racks etc...

3783.jpg

+++

Guys, been thinking about the front grill and bumper. It's 'chrome' now...but more like silver faking chrome.

What do you think another go round of hairspray and then semi-gloss black, chip that a bit to reveal the 'painted' bumper?

Great progress Scott! Really looking the part all the way round. As soon as you mentioned the "chrome" bumper...Flat black with chipping popped into my head. Hadn't even finished reading your thoughts on what you may do but flat black/chipped popped right in. It would kind of make sense that these guys wouldn't want their rig to be chromed out and flashy/visible and would black it out. I think you've got a good idea there! Keep up the great work Scott.

Thanks FT! Sure is a super fun build.

Decided to go for it. Hairspray, flat black the bumpers and running boards. Another round of chipping. Another layer. I think some AK products will help to vary the revealed 'chrome' parts.

Another mockup below. I have to get this thing assembled once and for all. All this handling is risking damage!

3784.jpg

You may notice that tiny damage on the fender doesn't follow through on the bumper. Gotta fix that.

Looking sweet Scott! Would not be unheard of that the bumper was changed. Lol. Looks now. Have at It though!

thats a fantastc shot of it scot it makes it look mean and well and truly used and abused Awsome

Fantastic work on this, Scott.
All the new techniques are definitely working for you

Yup wicked stuff, you leavin that door off? It would make sense I suppose easier and quicker to jump in and out. I just wanna see that cat with a machine gun.

Looks great Scott , definitely a road vet .

The fender looks good , no real need to ding the front bumper , ..... maybe one of the rags smacked it with his golf clubs , ....... that or the butt end of an RPG .........

Bumper came out cool !!!

Thank you guys! It's getting there. Anxious to start weathering this puppy.

MJ - I have a white door to add on. It will be open though.

As for the bumper, did this last night after posting. Too late to change my mind now.

3785.jpg

This truck is dying for some kind of beefed up bumper....Hmmmmmm

Latest posts

Back