COMPLETE - Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Junkie

Might as well post this. I've been building the MENG pickup. I plan to place this in a small...very small, vignette.

Have some of the sub assemblies started. I removed the drivers door and passenger rear door.

3720.jpg

3721.jpg

Interior is just mocked up here, not attached.
3722.jpg

3723.jpg

Last night capiliary action and my big thumb had a date. You can see the marring on the hood. I sanded the thumbprint out but still...not awesome.
3724.jpg

Nice little kit. The black styrene is a bit fussy but it's going together pretty well. Now, to scratch those doors and hinges.

C&C Welcomed.

Re: Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

That "capillary action & finger" must be a plague.

48 hrs ago I was trying to set the transfers on my Shermans side armor plate... I always wash carefully hands before touching any model... and only touch them carefully... then... ***K ... there appeared a small CSI - fingerprint outta hell ! tried to softly clean it with ear stick, soft soap & water ... it seemed to vanish... but ... 12 hours ago I was airbrushing glossy varnish over the model (to cover the transfers & decals, and as a protective layer to carry on with the next weathering stages...) and suddenly... IT REAPPEARED ! :p Fortunately it is very small & hardly visible... but boy... lesson learned:

" Next time you handle a painted model, you must remember to wear nitrile gloves " :p

:) May I contribute with some more vintage? just a couple... I think you´ll remember...

New Order - Blue Monday This was a crack when partying !

And what about this one!
Haddaway - What Is Love

Glue sucks...fingerprints suck worse. Nice tunes Jelly. LOL.

Figures and stowage ready for primer.

3725.jpg

3726.jpg

A bit more stowage. The kit only has one ammo box. I debated casting it, but making the molds and all that...nah. I had a figure set, German WWII and it contains tons of wooden boxes. I've seen some modern pics with such boxes. I'll just make some Arabic decals to go on them. Should work. Oh, and a cat for Grendels.

3727.jpg

Took the leap into working on those doors. First I had to cut the interior parts, then attach what was door to door and what was wall to wall. Using Aves Epoxy Sculpt (fantastic stuff) I filled in the door cavities. Once the Aves setup a bit I embedded paper clip wire. Hopefully these will become hinges. As soon as I have the body installed there will be additional cavities to fill in the 'not opened' doors. After that cures I can drill holes, trim and bend this wire and voila! Open doors. It's not spot on accurate, no real door post in the middle of the truck and blah, blah, blah...but it should look good.

At least that's the plan.

3728.jpg

Scott Girvan said:
Glue sucks...fingerprints suck worse. Nice tunes Jelly. LOL.

Figures and stowage ready for primer.

3725.jpg

3726.jpg

Awesome, it's a bosnian boy band/dance troupe. Lol
You should keep them posed like that with a scale stereo and disco ball, :)

Silly aside look forward to seeing this built and painted, like the look of this kit.

very nice scott, the GI looks like he need s belly seam filled, but that could be trick photography :)

thumb + glue = GRRRR

Yeah, I see that too. He's wearing like a Tshirt under the vest.

+++

So I've been trying to scratch build a roof rack....not sure about this, it's really WONKY.

Please give me your honest feedback. I have no sentimental attachment.

3729.jpg

3730.jpg

I dunnno....scale looks a bit big. Really wonky. Not sure.

yep its wonky, but i like teh idea of it i plan on doing one for a kit im working on but im going to use thinner rod. if you have a soldering iron that you can adjust the heat on it will help with bending, (not tried that my self yet)

but the way i do it is with a candle, heat the part lay it flat and bend it.

Yeah, big time wonky. Forget this. The longer I look at it the worse it looks.

I did try making one by soldering copper wire. Got the initial boxes looking good, but then to solder the vertical bracing....well it all came apart of course, more heat on the joints. Burnt my finger and all.

Whatever. I don't need a roof rack.

Figures are primered. Time to quit for the day, good day though, about 10 hours of building. Really with the roof rack in the trash I can start to paint this tomorrow.

hehe, ah well you did try it, i just hope mine turns out as good as my mind is telling me

Scott.
Nice progress so far.
And, while that roof rack may look a little wonky, it could always be a "home built"

Thanks Q. Yeah, could have been home made by a couple of drunk Rebel Fighters suffering from vertigo, in the dark.

Sorry for tagging onto this one a bit late here Scott!!! Looking sweet buddy!!! Tough bid making the rack...I would try the brass rod route myself...solder the two squares and CA the uprights. Good luck buddy!!! ;)

I don't want to seem negative and being frank have no idea if I could scratch anything better but I wouldn't use that, slightly wonky is not so much the problem as you could have a reason for that but the thong for me is it's too thick, one made from thinner rod would be more accurate I feel.

tumblr_lyo8miOdCr1qj26eao1_500.jpg

:)

LOL. Nice pic!

I agree. Too thick, too wonky. I might retry later (doubt it) but today is all about painting.

Latest posts

Back