So I made a diorama this weekend

Col.Kilgore

This was my first diorama so be gentle . . .
So I made a base for this Russian tank I made. I give myself a C. Some things like the depth of the "snow" were not what I wanted. I wanted deeper for the tank to sit in but that was going to turn into a bloody mess. . . Also I might use a different compound for the snow next time. Molding paste is not easy to smooth out (at least for me). . comments and suggestions are appreciated!!!!

IMG-8703.jpg

IMG-8702.jpg

This was my first diorama so be gentle . . .
So I made a base for this Russian tank I made. I give myself a C. Some things like the depth of the "snow" were not what I wanted. I wanted deeper for the tank to sit in but that was going to turn into a bloody mess. . . Also I might use a different compound for the snow next time. Molding paste is not easy to smooth out (at least for me). . comments and suggestions are appreciated!!!!

View attachment 114241

View attachment 114242
I tend to use white tile grout, dust it on with an icing shaker or something similar. Wet the powder with a mist sprayer using water, this will set the grout.
Just keep adding layers until your happy with the depth.
On the last dusting and spraying just add another dusting on top before it set's to give the impression of fresh snow. Pantherman
20220806_140816.jpg20220806_140805.jpg20220806_140751.jpg20220806_084606.jpg

Latest posts

Back