COMPLETE - Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Re: Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Man that looks wicked!!! It will look even better when you get the shovel in that dudes hand ;)

Great progress Scott!!! Love it so far!!!

John, not sure if its a shovel or a rope. He looks loke he is pulling a tie-down rope for the roof rack. Him and the Mrs. Libyan Insergent are taking a vacation I think! ::)

Kickin' stuff Scott...keep it going!!!

Looking might cool Scott. Can't wait to see that one finished.
Cheers

A very good (great) idea, Scott... I think that the bumper will add a distinctive touch to the model... go on...
RG

Yo....Scott....

You ever see the movie Machine Gun Preacher??

If not, check it out, and check out his truck......other than the color, spitting image, right down to the roof rack!!

Awesome movie BTW!

It's pretty good, stars that dude from 300... Gerard Butler or wutevs.

He even had the brush guard on the front like yours, hard to see in the pic though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yeah, like I said, other than the color, spitting image of yours, thought maybe that was where you drew your inspiration from, especially with that roof rack which seems to be a virtual copy.

Just got these kits in stock yesterday (not up on the website yet...do that tomorrow).

Cool kits, but lets just say the pictures of yours....make them seem a whole lot bigger than they are! LOL

In deed Scott M. They are so tiny compared to our normal AFV's

Can Anyone here tell me the "year" of those Hilux ? i.e. they are modeled from a 1998 or 2004 Toyota!

Scott G. You truly outdid yourself on this project! Really awesome work all around!

Scott, I haven't been in the habit of checking the Dio page but with the update to the site yesterday that shows updates to all pages (Way cool idea BTW) I got sucked into your build. All I have to say is holy cow! This thing is coming along so sweet! The whole trick with the tires works really well! When you showed the pics of just the tires it was almost so subtle I couldn't tell, but now that wheels are on the frame it looks amazing! Great job! I don't know how you do it and work on the site! Do you sleep much? Hahaha

LOL. Thanks adampolo13.

How I do it? Well, for the past week there has been ZERO action on the truck...all of my SMA time was spent on the site.
I code/design all day at work, and it's been several late evenings working on the site.

Looking forward to getting back to, and finishing, this build.

Thanks Norm! I"m not sure what year these are.

A bit of progress on this today. First, I glued to door interiors to the exteriors, getting then as tight as possible. Then I mixed up some Aves putty and filled the cracks. This has to cure overnight and then I'll drill holes to insert the door 'hinges' into.

3805.jpg

After that I opened up the gas tank door. Should have done this earlier... I'm gonna model this as though the door has broken off. Sorry for the blur.

3806.jpg

3807.jpg

thats a nifty idea Scott and one wich i would say a lot of us over look

Nice to see you getting some bench action again!!

Thanks guys. Yeah, good to be back on task. I also painted most of the stowage last night. Hopefully I'll get the doors installed today.

Almost time to weather, filter, wash etc...

this is going to look killer weathered because you have a fantastic base for it already ;D

I sure hope so Spud!

+++

After a quick PB&J Sandwich I managed to drill out the 'hinge locators' and get the doors on. These are not glued in place, gotta paint over the putty first. When it comes time to superglue I'll be sure to get them dead-on level.

Here are some pics. Click for full size and/or to step through the set (using arrows at top of popup).

3809.jpg
3810.jpg
3811.jpg
3812.jpg
3813.jpg

Back