COMPLETE - Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Re: Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Scott Girvan said:
Thank you guys! It's getting there. Anxious to start weathering this puppy.

MJ - I have a white door to add on. It will be open though.

As for the bumper, did this last night after posting. Too late to change my mind now.

3785.jpg

This truck is dying for some kind of beefed up bumper....Hmmmmmm

So build a push bumper/brush guard out of some styrene tubing/rod. You did the roof racks and rack in the back, a brush guard should be a snap!

Yeah, the one on the Tundra looks a little too fancy, but something along those lines.

No so sure if they would have a winch installed (would be helpful, but probably not plentyful in this sort of setting).

Maybe a set of extra driving lights....maybe with one having the lens broken out of it. Again, might not be as plentiful in the setting this is intended for.

Looks good Scott , yip defo needs a kiddy catcher on the front :)

Chris.

Scott I'm sure you've seen the famous Hilux (that still starts I believe, you cant kill a hilux!) on Top Gear? It has front bars like the pics above and its well worth a watch (all the parts of the episode should be on you tube)....found it:
Killing a Toyota part 1 - Top Gear - BBC

Yeah, saw that but didn't notice the bumper...until now. Thanks!

3786.jpg

Here's a 20 minute bumper bar thing. The small end of a couple of paper clips, drill out some 1/16th rod and 2 pieces of styrene cut and shaped. I might reinforce this with another horizontal and maybe bend the lamp covers around the corner a bit, we'll see. It will attach to the frame, at a later date, via 2 'returns' attached to bottom and to frame of truck.

3787.jpg

3788.jpg

3789.jpg

Middle pic give this puppy "fangs"!! Looking sweet!! Making short work of the bar buddy!! ;)

Looking good, maybe take a pair of pliers and bend the end of the brush guard a little so they look like they wrap around the side slightly...gotta protect the signal lights! LOL

defo bend them around. great idea there scott with the paper clip

Paperclips were Quaralane's idea. ;)

Yeah, got bent this morning. Photos after paint.

Scott Girvan said:
Yeah, got bent this morning.

I used to get bent in the morning but I would be junk by 1:30, especially if I was outside in the sun.

Oh wait, you weren't talking about drinking...

:p

LOL.

Here's the final brush bar. Once I have the cab, grill and bumper glued solid I'll add this.

3790.jpg

Tidy work Scott ...looks great :)

Chris.

I can hear her now.

"Huuuuunn...

what happened to all the paperclips?"

8)

Thanks guys! It's getting there.

Ken, did you hear that too?

+++

So. Cab, grill, bumpers, tires, running boards, box, all now attached. Had an odd fit issue with the rear box. It's not sitting on the frame. Needs a shim maybe, it's off my about 1mm.

Wipers are just sitting there. I want this too look like it was shut off in a hurry...and maybe the wipers reset on off - but not on this one. They were wiping the dust off the windshield....

Door isn't attached either. Photoshop - dual image/erase rig - trickery. I still have some major gaps to fill with putty between interior door panels and doors.

3791.jpg

3792.jpg

That's a wrap for tonight. Thanks for watching.

thats a fine bita ps ya done on teh door :) i taught it was on ;D looking really good now scott

Back