COMPLETE - Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Re: Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Thanks guys.

The base is just within the red lines, of the last pic. I have to crop the walls yet.

Wow Scott you may finish something :D looks fantastic man

I think you've got the layout just about right Scott

For me some major crumbling on the walls would be great, perhaps some bomb / bullet damage, really battle scarred and dilapidated!

Cool work

Thank you gentlemen. Yeah, Spud I might actually finish. Wild. Leighbo, for sure.

+++

Here's the base so far. Though about a brick pattern but opted for simple stucco walls. I'll add some rebar or something to the damaged ends, and clutter on the ground.

My reference shows knee walls, usually some top that juts out a bit and a heavy curb. Still some detail to add but it's getting there. The color plan is a yellow/orangish knee wall and off white above that. Curb will alternate black and yellow. Behind the wall will be ground with a bit of vegetation, lots of garbage and a cat.

Enough talk. Comments, suggestions more than welcomed.

3823.jpg

3824.jpg

It looks spot on Scott mabe take a few bits out of the capping on the wall for some interest but man its Awsome

Thanks Spud! Yeah, gonna beat this wall up some more.

I made some boxes and used brass mesh to create some curb site drains. I'll cut out the same shape in the road and bury them level with top of road. I think I'll use some clay over the road surface, just a skim coat, so it can be a bit less perfectly flat. That will also allow me to add a subtle slope, down towards these drains.

I also scribed a couple lines on the road surface. I plan to add some sort of junction box to the long wall with a couple of wires/pipes coming down to it. Nothing big, just a little touch of detail. There will be graffiti too and a poster..whatever.

3825.jpg

3826.jpg

For some brick detail, just scribe one small section of the wall, and it could be just a section where the stucco has come loose from the wall, revealing the brick underneath. Would serve to break up the plane of a white/grey stucco wall.

Also, maybe a wanted poster for Khadafi or something! LOL

yeah, gonna try something like that. I already have the posters printed. :) A free Libya one. That will go on the short wall and graffiti on the long wall.

I might try to paint the graffiti with my new Krome. Maybe.

you may have to many drains there scott then again im only going on what i see over here and in england ;D

Yeah, I"m only gonna put two down the long wall...Maybe one will be enough really. The back one would be covered by the truck.

No worries. I'll have them for another project sometime.

Off to find some tutorials on asphalt.

Well this is as far as I get this weekend. Scribed some concrete block lines and using cardstock to cover stucco areas. This will all get covered in a thin layer of glue/plaster.

I have yet to glue the walls up. Gotta save something for tomorrow right?

3827.jpg

3828.jpg

I am impressed!!! That looks awesome!!! Base Master!!! ;D

panzerace007 said:
SCOTT,

:eek: Fantastic lookin Truck !! WOW Dude ... really Rox !! Looks like PB & J sammys are Key !! Awesome job on th weathering !! I'm lookin forward to th figurs & th scene !!

Haha.... Erik .. this little movie is precious !

Scott ! that Dio is getting pretty involved... love the work with all that Styrofoam ! Clever !

Lot of work went into all the accessories as well !!! My Hat to you !

I better stay away from the Diorama category !!! LOL

See you around !

Thanks guys! Hopefully will have this all glued up tonight.

Yeah, it's pretty cool what you can do with styrofoam and a table saw.

That looks so good mate, sorry if I'm being thick but what are you using for the blocks?

Thanks John.

Everything you see, with the exception of the drain and cardstock 'stucco', has been made using high density foam (used for home insulation). I cut it all on a tablesaw.

The blocks themselves are scribed with a fresh No.11 blade and then I used a razor blade to 'push' the edge back a bit, rocking the blade in the scribed groove, giving more space.

Back