COMPLETE - Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Re: Freedom - Meng Pickup Dio

Anytime Scott ;) ...coming on nice ,first figure is looking good :)

Chris.

Thanks. This is totally a case of the goal being completion not perfection. I have to start painting figures sometime and today is THE best day to start.

Here are three amigos. I blanked out the teens eyes, gonna try that again. The other two just have base colors. No attempt at shading this at all yet. Gonna need some touch-ups too. I'll do that when my eyes are rested and my hands aren't so shaky.

3771.jpg

3772.jpg

3773.jpg

3774.jpg

3775.jpg

+++

Couldn't resist a quick mockup. The truck is still in many pieces..just kinda used friction to hold it together a bit. Still lots to do, and this isn't the intended scene. (Ken's thinking...dude that should be the intended scene) Just a morale booster more than anything. LOL.

Talk to you lads tomorrow. Time to crash.

3776.jpg

3777.jpg

Looking the part there Scott!! Really coming together!!! :eek:

Yup that looks very nice and interesting too, if it's not interesting to look at then what's the point right?

that does look really good scott

This looks really cool :)
Don’t be afraid of the figures they aren't as hard as you might think ;)

Thanks friends.

I'm not finding it "hard"...challenging for sure. Lots of technique to learn. The more I can learn the better. I have quite a few figure sets...I think I'll assemble them and keep practicing. It's easy to simply sit in the kitchen and work on this kinda stuff.

Wow, Scott... I think that the results are simply superb .

The battered pick up is awesome, the home-made racks 100% OK ...
... and theres also a great hit in getting the appropiate skin-shade (North Africa - Egypt - Syria...) of the boy without the balaclava...

Definitely an excellent "combo", IMHO Scott :)
Congrats
RG

That is looking good Scott . I actually like the layout too :)

Chris.

The truck looks great Scott. :D
Your figures look way better than mine used to but i haven't done any since i started building again.
I'm hoping to try out some of the techniques in this vid.

I think you will enjoy them ;D

They have quite a few on figure painting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJuQvVjdNCA&list=UUJGiyzfgxc0LFRY0a2E0U0A&index=7&feature=plcp

Enjoy my friend

Gag

Guys, friends, thank you. I really appreciate all the comments. It really helps motivate me to continue moving forward. Took the night off - spending some time with the fam.

I'll watch that video(s) tomorrow. I looked briefly and it looks great. Thanks for posting that!

Great videos!

+++

A bit more work on Mr. Tough Guy. Actually spent a few hours on figures tonight. I'd like to get them finished before returning to complete the truck.

Still have some blending to do on this. I toned down the colors a bit.

3778.jpg

Looking great Scott!!! Nothing say "I'm serious" like a vest of Plastic Explosives!! ;D He had time to stop off and grab some new Keds!!! ;) Keep it coming!!! 8)

Scott that looks so much better! (and it was good in the first place). I don't think I've seen someone's new skills unfold every new post like yours do.

Thanks guys. Yeah, the shoes...they need a darker color. LOL. Imagine how much the others would tease him: "Nice moon shoes Mohmar".

Thanks MJ. It's all just a matter of practice, practice, practice...putting in the time. I still have a LOOOONG way to go but watching videos and reading helps get ideas. That one video posted above has a great technique for eyes...and it works pretty good.

LOL....Kind of liking the bright Converse buddy!!! Nice offset on the color for the seen!!! With all the junk strapped to his chest, Achmed's posse' won't be laughing!!! ;)

Back