BS 75 Galactica Progress

javelin7369

Hey everyone. I have been working with the Galactica kit for a while now. I must say Moebius did a good job with it in my opinion. I am done for the most part except for the name decals (mainly because I might see if I make this into the Columbia instead of Galactica). I used Navy aggressor gray as a base then used different grays for different panels. Afterwords I dry brushed silver over the panels for more of a metallic feel. When that was completed I used black acrylic mixed with alcohol for the wash. For the most part I am pretty happy with the results. Let me know what you all think, any suggestions always appreciated.

DSC_2708.jpg

DSC_2710.jpg

DSC_2712.jpg

DSC_2714.jpg

DSC_2717.jpg

DSC_2722.jpg

DSC_2723.jpg

DSC_2725.jpg

Thank you all for your kind comments, I think I am actually going to change this to the Columbia. I am starting to light kits now and I have another Galactica kit that I would love to light just as soon as I can get the photoetch set. Will keep up to date with the progress. Thanks again, God bless.

Whats that other Kit there? Pegasus? A Styrene-Kit? The small one looks like Valkyrie..

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Whats that other Kit there? Pegasus? A Styrene-Kit? The small one looks like Valkyrie..

Actually its both. One is the Pegasus, the other is a Valkyrie (Poseidon, and both from bambamproductions) and they are both Resin, I am trying to get those started as well that way I can have a fleet apparently. lol.

javelin7369 said:
Actually its both. One is the Pegasus, the other is a Valkyrie (Poseidon, and both from bambamproductions) and they are both Resin, I am trying to get those started as well that way I can have a fleet apparently. lol.

Never heard about them. Interesting!!!

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Never heard about them. Interesting!!!

They are both garage kit models, they are pretty well detailed unfortunately just a bit out of scale with moebius' kit but they are still great.

Latest posts

Back