The Battlestar Galactica Moebius should have made!

And the Cylon says to Baltar riding in the back sear of the raider:
"What about the other Battlestar?"

How do you feel about the Revell re-issue of the Galactica?

I guess the question is which Revell re-issue?

Revell released the original Monogram tooling.

That was deemed to need to much re-tooling to make more accurate and was skipped when they did their 30th Anniversary release with new parts for the Raider, Viper, and Base star

More recently Revell also re-boxed the Moebius tooling for the BSG kits for distribution with their European regional license. So same kit, just Moebius here in the US and Revell in Europe
One difference though is Revell generally improved the quality of decals over the original Moebius ones.

I guess the question is which Revell re-issue?

Revell released the original Monogram tooling.

That was deemed to need to much re-tooling to make more accurate and was skipped when they did their 30th Anniversary release with new parts for the Raider, Viper, and Base star

More recently Revell also re-boxed the Moebius tooling for the BSG kits for distribution with their European regional license. So same kit, just Moebius here in the US and Revell in Europe
One difference though is Revell generally improved the quality of decals over the original Moebius ones.

This Moebius kit is now a Revell?

This Moebius kit is now a Revell?

Yes, but only distributed by Revell of Germany in Europe. So basically here in the states you would have to find a third party seller due to having to import it.

I don't think they reissued all the BSG kits under the Revel banner. For example, I don't recall if they did the big original series 1/32 Cylon Raider and I am not sure how it shakes out now that Moebius no longer has the license if Revell will continue making them or not similar to what they did with Fine Molds Star Wars kits when Fine Molds lost the license

The fuselage parts on the Viper still have the Moebius stamp inside so they are the same molds
Only difference is improved Revell decals, and I think maybe a different resin pilot figure.

Although it makes me wonder now if they actually did the OG Galactica or not. I know they did these

hqdefault.jpg
Viper-Mk.II-1.jpg

38-entry-0-1605809522.jpg

Ah! I know I've posted that I'm doing the newer Viper Super-Deformed and just got the Egg Raider but those are the only new Galactica stuff I've ever owned.

I'm not saying I don't care for the new series, but...

G24N.gif

It's alright I reckon...

I sure hope they have/do the TOS stuff. I haven't been able to find any news of it yet, but I'm diggin' through the old 'net'.

That MK.VII has always reminded me of the Vic Viper from Gradius.

Vic.jpg

Now, I DO like that thing!

Rob.

Ah! I know I've posted that I'm doing the newer Viper Super-Deformed and just got the Egg Raider but those are the only new Galactica stuff I've ever owned.

I'm not saying I don't care for the new series, but...

View attachment 99323

It's alright I reckon...

I sure hope they have/do the TOS stuff. I haven't been able to find any news of it yet, but I'm diggin' through the old 'net'.

That MK.VII has always reminded me of the Vic Viper from Gradius.

View attachment 99325

Now, I DO like that thing!

Rob.

Never heard of that one but it sure does bear a remarkable resemblance

Never heard of that one but it sure does bear a remarkable resemblance

Never HEARD of...

Very disappointing is all I know how to say about that.

nes_gradius.jpg
Gradius__37992.jpg

Do yourself a flavor and grab one NOW before they become rare, vintage and expensive.

And a Nintendo console to play it on.

Then, grab a copy of Contra and Castlevania to add to your new collection.

It's been said, "The entire galaxy watches, waits and hopes".

Rob.

Last edited:
Ok, been gone for a minute or two, true. Y'all happen to make anymore progress on this or was y'all waitin' on me to do everything?

"Let them eat cake".

Begin again? Nobody said pick up your pencils yet.

Hold your cows.

Rob.

Was catching up on the older posts and you were doing really cool stuff with that build!

Why Thank you! Only reason I paused was you wasn't here yet. Might as well get going again now. Ain't nothin' I've done anybody else can't do too. It's just plastic and I got an X-Acto... somewhere...

;)

Rob.

Gosh, I somehow missed the posts from last April! Konami's Vic Viper from Gradius was indeed inspired by the Colonial Viper from Battlestar Galactica. However the nose of the Vic Viper was split into twin booms, which differentiates it from the Battlestar ship.

Gosh, I somehow missed the posts from last April! Konami's Vic Viper from Gradius was indeed inspired by the Colonial Viper from Battlestar Galactica. However the nose of the Vic Viper was split into twin booms, which differentiates it from the Battlestar ship.

I sure do wish I woulda grabbed me a Vic Viper when they first came out. Too expensive now but that don't mean I don't like it. There are actually kits of almost every Vic Viper from every Gradius game but my favorite is the first one I posted earlier.

If all else fails, I may scratch me one. I think the kit isn't very big, but I never actually seen one in person.

Rob.

I sure do wish I woulda grabbed me a Vic Viper when they first came out. Too expensive now but that don't mean I don't like it. There are actually kits of almost every Vic Viper from every Gradius game but my favorite is the first one I posted earlier.

If all else fails, I may scratch me one. I think the kit isn't very big, but I never actually seen one in person.

Rob.
If you are talking about the Vic Viper models that came out about 15 years ago, they weren't any good. I built one. The plastic feels gross and required sanding, the canopy locator pegs were HUGE and resembled a G.I. Joe toy rather than a plastic model, their attempt at a Bandai-style snap kit resulted in fit issues, etc. Atelier Sai was known for garage kits and pre-painted anime figures, but their Vic Viper model line blunder was enough to bankrupt them.

Plum now makes Vic Viper plastic models. They are a smaller scale, but are very well-made.
Here is the Gradius II Vic Viper: https://www.pmoa.co.jp/product/344.html

If you are talking about the Vic Viper models that came out about 15 years ago, they weren't any good. I built one. The plastic feels gross and required sanding, the canopy locator pegs were HUGE and resembled a G.I. Joe toy rather than a plastic model, their attempt at a Bandai-style snap kit resulted in fit issues, etc. Atelier Sai was known for garage kits and pre-painted anime figures, but their Vic Viper model line blunder was enough to bankrupt them.

Plum now makes Vic Viper plastic models. They are a smaller scale, but are very well-made.
Here is the Gradius II Vic Viper: https://www.pmoa.co.jp/product/344.html

You actually had one? Chunk some pictures at me. No good huh? That sounds about right since you don't see alot of that brand around. The link you posted does look good, but I suppose scratching is in order since I prefer a different Viper and I want it bigger.

Rob.

Latest posts

Back