Bronco's 5t "Diana"

Well Spud from spending several days reading everything I could find about Russian Green and asking questions i've come to the conclusion it's what ever you want it to be. ;D
With all the manufacturers, depending on what you used to thin it and the weather conditions the paint was exposed to,there was all manner of shades in WWII.

I used a very dark shade of Grey Green(Vallejo) for the base in case I missed a spot with the Tamiya Nato Green cover coat. I saved a little Nato Green in the cup and added a few drops of Tamiya Yellow Green and applied that to make it lighter so my washes won't get it to dark.

I call it S.W.A.G. Russian Green. ;)
Tony lee

I was getting a rough finish with water or alcohol to thin the Tamiya so I tried Mr. Color Leveling Thinner. I've never used anything else in it since "T".

Glad you like my swag green. ;D
Tony lee

Hi Tony

I like your SWAG.This is turning out great looking forward to the next episode of Tonys "Diana"

Nice work Tony "XXX" ;D

Lol Tony you hit it on the head with that explanation, if I'm doing something the same colour I always try to lighten or darken it because of the various factories they had.

Drive on, she is looking good now bud

Didn't know Mr. Color leveler was compatible with Tamiya Acrylics....? I thought that's why Tamiya had released their own paint Retarder...! Oh well you learn something new everyday!

Thanks for sharing !

You're Welcome.
All I know is it works a treat.

All that worry about Russian Green for nothing but the next one will be a lot easier and one less problem. ;D
Tony lee

I got a bit of painting done this morning but rain moved in that is sure needed around here so no complaints from me.
100_1038.jpg

Thanks for lookin
Tony lee :)

Looking superb Tony!!! What paint did you use on the breech there....if ya don't mind me asking!!! ;)

OH "T" I don't know if I should give away all my secrets but if you promise to keep it under your hat I guess it'll be OK.
I first paint the inside with Alclad II Dark Aluminum.
The breech is given a coat of Alclad II Pale Burnt Metal and when that flash drys a light coat of Alclad II Steel is applied.
The wash will cut most of the shine but leave enough for it to look like hardened steel.

Remember don't let this out for all to know,it's just between the two of us. :-X
Tony lee :)

Tony,

Another great build, looking great!

I followed your M7 Build, and you think you did an outstanding job with it!

EDIT: I think you did a great job! LOL, I really need to proof read before hitting enter.

Big John, is that really you BJ?????? :eek:
Dang right I think the M7 is an outstanding job,somebody has too. ;D

Only three post so far? Man you are new here. ;)Sure good to see ya again buddy.
Tony lee

Latest posts

Back