Bronco's 5t "Diana"

Plz post that Link! It is related.... It seems that a lot of Geman Vehicles were buried or
Sunken.... Weird practice!

Take care!

Tony lee said:
Me Again 8)
I went ahead and applied another coat of black/brown wash to get more of the red out and added a little sand wear. Going to leave them right there for now.
100_1026.jpg

Take care ya hear
Tony lee

Pretty sure you've nailed it to the wall here Tony!! Just awesome.

Oh Yeah Let There Be Silence ;D
100_1029.jpg
I thought I had some Evergreen rod but didn't. All there was to work with was some wooden dowel,why not?
Cut out a couple plastic end caps and some scrap PE sprue for mounting straps,two holes,in and out, one home made muffler/silencer at your service. 8)

Tony lee

lol thats nfity, altough i wouldnt fancy having one on my car :p

Well "T" it's nothing to write home about but it will serve the purpose right?

Thanks
Tony lee

Hey Ya'll
Got some paint on that termite bait.
100_1030.jpg

Looks more like a muffler now.
Tony lee

Tony, I have a weird feeling about that hole on the left of the rear cross member, could it have been to Pass on the tail pipe?

I say that cuz the flipped vehicle had its muffler a little bit more to one side! Which could have been to let the tail pipe come out that end? And there were no hole where you put your tail pipe....

I don't know enough about sdkz 6. But I wonder?

Hog Dog if you only knew how many hours i've put in researching that dang exhaust system. :-\
The one hole I found back there had what looked like a plug in for towed equipment tail lights.
The other one showed the winch guide roller bracket and operating handle in the area that Bronco has the tail pipe hole.

I've got the tail pipe section just tacked on with Gator Gripe so I can reposition it if I find a picture that confirms it's true position.

Just a good old boy doin the best he can ;D
Tony lee

TONY,

This Dana is turnin' out to be one Mean Beast !!! I really Dig th Chassis . I like what you did with th trax in regards to adding th Black/Brown Wash. Also one thing to note if I may add some food for thought ... those teeth/guide horns ... They would make some Wikked contact with th rollers on th Sprocket & rub on th inside of th double Road wheels , in turn leaving them with a very Gleaming Sheen . I would add some gunmetal/faded Aluminum (Poly-S R.R. colors) to th tips of those Guide Horns. & hit th Trax with some more Gunmetal .... just for th fact of it Driving through th Desert , those Trax would be grinding away on th Sand & Rock & being in th Desert, not seeing a lot of rainfall ....

But Don't get Me wrong .... I love th Build Brotha' !!! Rock it out !!! Again ...th Chassis is Bangin' ;D \m/

Just My $.02(USD) ....

Just a minute Erik i'll get right back to you bud.

Hog Dog take a look at the left side of the frame rear. This is the one they pulled out of the mud.
BTW you're not bothering me my man.
This one has an entirely different tow cable guide and the hole is where the winch control linkage comes through the frame and attaches to that handle.
mbp_00740-1.jpg
Those German folks were modifying stuff every other day I guess,so hard to figure what's wrong and what's right. ::)

OK Erik
That was another thing I tried to find an answer to. On the kit the guide teeth are huge and got me to wondering if they were maybe hard rubber,rubber coated steel or all steel. I noticed the sprockets had rollers on the teeth which lead me to think they may have been rubber guides on the tracks.
I put out an APB on the subject but never got not one answer. I put some steel on the rollers and just a dry brushing on the track teeth to split the difference.

The tracks are easy to remove and reinstall so no problem correcting if they need some wear on the teeth and wheel rims.
I've got that AK Interactive Steel on the links and they tell me you can polish it to make it brighter. I was going to let the other AK stuff dry for a week or so before I try that polishing job to be safe.

You say don't get you wrong, now there's a joke, I love ya man ;D
OOB might be fun but trying to get things to a scale like finish is a lot of work bro.

Tony lee

looks good tony. as for were the exaust came out, i supose it would depend on the factory it was made in, im no expert but was this stuff made if difernt factorys?

Latest posts

Back