Bronco's 5t "Diana"

Howdy
Wheels are mounted and some weathering added. Tracks fitted and ready to start painting tomorrow.
100_1016.jpg

100_1017.jpg
The idlers gave me a little trouble,there's not much back there to glue to.

It's been a full day i'll tell you and i'm tired but it's a good tired. ;D
See Ya Later
Tony lee

Keep it coming Tony!!! Beautiful work so far!!! ;) Those wheel look terrific!! 8)

Pretty much all you've shown us, Tony. :p
Track should look really good once they get weathered up

Thumbs I sure hope you can still say that when it's finished,Thanks
Glad to have you following along Hog Dog (Hog Dog is the Redneck translation.) ;D

Appreciate the kind words guys.
Tony lee

TONY,

Lookin Good !! That Tire Trick seems to have worked out Great !! Love th Motor, Great Weathering !!

\m/

Now I know for sure i'm on the right track with your blessing Erik.
Those kind of compliments keep me going and trying harder.

Thanks my friend and buddy
Tony lee

looking good tony the tires turned out good along with the rest ;D

I started painting the tracks today since it didn't rain.
What do you think? They don't look quit right to me,maybe they need a very thin black wash to take away some of the reddish color.
100_1018.jpg

I've never painted plastic tracks before other than a set of DS M-7s and they didn't have so much metal showing.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Tony lee

Hiya Tony! If you just want to take a bit of the red out, a wash for starters would probably do the trick. If not, you could try dry brushing in Black or better yet steel or even gun metal real light. Still leaving some of the reddish color. Followed by a light Burnt Sienna wash and then an Umber. Just my 2 cents.

Wish I had some advice. The only thing I can think of is say the tank drove in the mud on Prince Edward Island. Maritimers will know what I mean...the earth is red there.

OK i'll give you a hint "Think North Africa" ;D
Sand and rocks but I don't want it to look like it's been sand blasted,know what I mean.

Tony lee

Good afternoon,

I would take it slow...

1.- I would make a Black + Burnt Sienna Oil wash,

2.- After letting it absolutely dry, I would apply either a dusting of the tracks with airbrushing or pigments,

3.- Then some metallic dry brush.

Cheers, Tony,
RG

Latest posts

Back