Blohm & Voss BV 155V-1

Looking at the process of your build makes me excited to see the end results. It looks just like you said, an 11 dollars kit on a 19 dollars box, but I see you are taking the proper care of a 50 dollar kit so it will come out good.:cool:

Cool - Let's hope :D
I just started picking at it again . Should get it primer'd tomorrow . Maybe

That hole in the wing is just another bizarre anomaly for this kit .

Man, I was disappointed at a Revell kit (Corvette C7.R) because the whole body frame was twisted and some other parts, but in the end it's so D... rewarding.

This kit really isn't that bad . Basic putty and sanding fixes .
It just has weird issues .
I don't know why they molded the prop in 2 pieces either . It must be cheaper mold-wise I guess .

This part doesn't show up in the assembly instructions so I put it only place it could go -- maybe it belongs farther aft .

xB7q5ki.jpgT7hD7sH.jpg

I primer'd the topside with the gray , rattle-can Tamiya lacquer primer and the underside with the white since there was so little left in either can .
I like that primer but I guess it will soon be like 75 dollars a can or something .
Good Grief that chit increases in price like crazy . I don't know if I'm re-upping my stock . The last time I stocked up it was well under 7 bucks a can .The tall cans !! -- I should have bought more at the time . Like 2 cases .

UZMImd7.jpg
oQ728gU.jpg

For primers (rattle can) I use rustoleum flat primer. $3.98 + tax at walmart.

By the way nice model. I like it

Thanks !
yeah , there's plenty of other choices .
I could AB it too . More efficient and definitely cheaper .
10 bucks a can and climbing -- and those can's ain't big -- is just inane now .

It is. That's why I use rustoleum primers krylon varnish and craft paint. I just can't afford the other stuff as much as I biuld and paint

It is. That's why I use rustoleum primers krylon varnish and craft paint. I just can't afford the other stuff as much as I biuld and paint
Thanks !
yeah , there's plenty of other choices .
I could AB it too . More efficient and definitely cheaper .
10 bucks a can and climbing -- and those can's ain't big -- is just inane now .
Show us the advance you have made to this kit as of today if painted... I'm very interested in the finished product :).

:D It's still just primer .
I plan on painting the cockpit today and getting the canopy masked and installed .... pix will be posted !

I wanted to try that as well. Isn't the paint too thick after application?
Depends on if you use it straight out of the bottle or thin it with some water first, but straight out of the bottle I've never had a problem.
:D It's still just primer .
I plan on painting the cockpit today and getting the canopy masked and installed .... pix will be posted !
Can't wait for the pix.

The tail-end of the fuselage has a little twist to it -- not very much and I'm not investing heat-energy and time into correcting it ,
But The tail kept looking totally wack while I've been working on it .

When I installed the horizontal stabilizers I aligned them as best I could considering how poorly they fit .
I aligned them along their leading edge and square with the tail even though that isn't exactly square with the wing since that grouping would be more visible .

Eh .
So another crazy .
The stabilizers are molded differently :D
Not only in their shape but the rake in the right elevator is more pronounced , between the inboard and outboard hinge-points . ---- that's the line my eyes kept seeing o_Oo_O

O7AXF9l.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks , guys .
The seat looks really funky in the pix . Oh well , can't see much when it's closed off .

Heh heh , Yeah Q , it's like they made a mold from a hand carved example . Things aren't symmetrical .
If only the mismatched stabilizers had been the other way around -- it would have countered the tail twist instead of adding to it .

You're given the option of not installing the giant scope , but would the relief in the engine cowling be filled ?
I decided to include it since it's another oddity of this aircraft .
Anyone here seen another aircraft with a big-azz scope on the dash ?

8xQYdvl.jpg

You have to remove a fair amount of the clear plastic to accommodate it .
The fit is poor ( shock ! ) so the next step it to fill and re-scribe all the gaps .

One day soon I'll be able to get some paint on her .

9MRoXZ8.jpg

Especially this mess up front :

r9pHwto.jpg

o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

I ordered some supplies from Scale Hobbyist last week ,
They were out of the Tamiya Extra Thin so I got another bottle of the Plast-I-Weld ; hadn't had a bottle of it on the bench in years .
Easy bottle to knock over . :D very easy -- so easy it prompted me to dust off the little safety cage I made for those slender bottles .
I think I saw somebody selling something similar , but for the Tamiya bottles which are wider than they are tall so I don't see the point .

akXSndx.jpgq0oLP4X.jpgPM7iDki.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back