Reaction score
very cool looking I like the Chewie figure cool touch

WebbyNZ

Reaction score
It is a great kit, will be checking back for updates on this for sure

Scrach

Reaction score
Scott Girvan said:
Thanks for the interest guys. I think it will be a fun 'cup of coffee and a piece of cake' build.
mmm.... cake.

Have fun with your build.

Junkie

Reaction score
LOL - I knew someone would catch that. ;)

Thanks for watching guys.

Junkie

Reaction score
Gotta say, I love coming to the site and finding my thread (that was only started 30 hrs ago) back a page or two. Great to see so much going on around here.

Work begins on the AT-ST. I have to say that this is a very easy build; dare I call it work at all. This, right here folks, is what this hobby is all about; stress free days of youth. All it has taken is snipping the part off the sprue tree, a very minor sanding of the gate and popping into place. No glue has been used so far although I do intend to tighten a few pieces up with a few drops.

With the above 50% of the build stage complete this (below) is the only seam that needs filling.

Detail is crisp throughout and, to my eyes, very accurate.

The interior is very detailed. This photo gives you an idea of how the kit is engineered; layer upon layer. I haven't 'tightened' the parts together so that I can paint the interior prior to buttoning it up.

Even pieces such as the large 'neck' are relatively flawless. The visible seam will no doubt disappear following an application of Tamiya Thin and a light sanding. Even the cables, cast in a somewhat rubbery, vinylish plastic, are basically flawless and I see no need to replace them with springs or guitar strings.

This kit is fantastic. I'll be buying another one asap. Thanks for checking out the thread.

Cash

Reaction score
Clean work so far Scott. Looks like model fits itself pretty well. Glad to see there is not gaps and such. Makes it easier to progress for sure. Keep on working and good luck!

Deere_driver

Reaction score
Nice work on this! I have to say I was skeptical of the Bandai kits at first, but they really stepped up and produced some excellent models. :)

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! This thread is kind of like a build review, too...it's really the first more detailed account of the build thus far. There are a couple on KotF but it's really cool to see the steps you've outlined. Keep it up!

Unreality

or Jonathan if you prefer
Reaction score
Like Nicholas said, this is a great review and build log.

Curious Scott, did you get it from HLJ using the standard shipping? (I'm getting super-anxious to get mine in and start it).

danb

M.A.F.V.A British National Champion 2013
Reaction score
Looking awesome Scott the detail looks very clean keep up the hard work buddy

Dan B

Junkie

Reaction score
Thanks for reading along guys. Trying to give everyone a good idea of what this kit is all about.

Unreality said:
Curious Scott, did you get it from HLJ using the standard shipping? (I'm getting super-anxious to get mine in and start it).
No, I paid for the 2nd to fastest shipping.- $16 for kit plus $16 for shipping.

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Reaction score
It is a great kit, and your showing it off beautifully. Makes me want to start mine....

jellis11

Reaction score
Scott, what seam are you referring to in the second pic that needs filling?

Scrach

Reaction score
Nice looking kit, I had the impression Bandai were a little toyish, guees not.
I'll have to ad this to my want list...

Latest posts