Back home

pro

Was out of touch for about three weeks. On August 26 I was on my way to my first physical therapy appointment and apparently passed out. The transportation service delivered me to the clinic and they realized something was up called 911. I woke up with like four EMTs around me and they were asking my name where did I live, did I know where I was and more then out of my chair on a gurney I hear a guy saying we have an appearent stroke victim, I'm like crap that's all I need. Get to the ER the wire me up for ekg, then to the CT a sonagram, blood tests every three hours, started to feel like a pincushion. Then the hospital lost my mom's wheelchair and to me a new one the transfered tonavrehab on Monday at noon. I don't know why you see all these things saying hospital food is terrible it was actually pretty good. Got lots of apple sauce in the hospital about half the meals had an apple sauce cup. The rehab cut me lose after nine days I was supposed to get 18. Basically told me I was too well to be there. What too well but I can't stand or walk. So back home waiting for my home PT visits. Still liked the rehab my PT made me think my arms would fall off and my OT would pull on my legs trying to get them to straighten out till I was almost crying in pain, lol, would say I know it's painful but without pain there's no progress. I hope I'm mobile by Thanksgiving. Or before new years

Was out of touch for about three weeks. On August 26 I was on my way to my first physical therapy appointment and apparently passed out. The transportation service delivered me to the clinic and they realized something was up called 911. I woke up with like four EMTs around me and they were asking my name where did I live, did I know where I was and more then out of my chair on a gurney I hear a guy saying we have an appearent stroke victim, I'm like crap that's all I need. Get to the ER the wire me up for ekg, then to the CT a sonagram, blood tests every three hours, started to feel like a pincushion. Then the hospital lost my mom's wheelchair and to me a new one the transfered tonavrehab on Monday at noon. I don't know why you see all these things saying hospital food is terrible it was actually pretty good. Got lots of apple sauce in the hospital about half the meals had an apple sauce cup. The rehab cut me lose after nine days I was supposed to get 18. Basically told me I was too well to be there. What too well but I can't stand or walk. So back home waiting for my home PT visits. Still liked the rehab my PT made me think my arms would fall off and my OT would pull on my legs trying to get them to straighten out till I was almost crying in pain, lol, would say I know it's painful but without pain there's no progress. I hope I'm mobile by Thanksgiving. Or before new years
.oh, they said I didn't have a stroke but I had a TIA. A kind of mini stroke, no damage or health concerns. But they want to do more follow ups and tests working on my stugs and su152, hope to get them finished soon then on with my m18 and m7. Also working on a 105 howitzer on carriage. Hahaha wanted to work on my Willey's Jeep but can't seem to find where I stored them I had one resin cast kit and two die-cast.

Sounds like fun .
Glad you're still operational and didn't suffer a stroke .

Sounds like fun .
Glad you're still operational and didn't suffer a stroke .
Lol, me too my sister had one last year and it was not good she had memory loss and had to have physical therapy to learn to walk again and a lot of issues for months. Trying to exercise and stretching my legs trying to get one of them working right. Their doing a live action robotech movie hope it Sparks a rerelease of the kits got all the 200th scale set of 18 just missing the monsteriod was originally 30 then shot to 100 then rereleased three years ago for 25 to 35, but rare again and going up. Thanks for writing

Glad your well and on your way to recovery
Thanks still think it's strange they basically kicked me out of the rehab, I know I wasn't as bad as most there but hey my ins was paying, it was state ins so maybe they had a backup of people who they could get more from. Good to be home and back online, miss the forums

Wow, glad you're doing better now. You know, there ARE better ways to get bench time than having a stroke! LOL Just kidding, my dad had TIAs a lot when I was a kid but he always bounced back. Glad you are bouncing back. Enjoy the bench time! And stay well, pro!! :cool:

Good to hear you are doing well, that would not have been a pleasant experience at all.

Latest posts

Back