Army Painter thinning?

Marktastrophe

Hello, I recently picked up a jar of Army Painter Warpaints as it is the only thing I can get my hands on without driving an hour first.
I'm not entirely sure what to thin with, I found the MSDS but even googling the chemicals listed hasn't helped, lol.
This is definitely over my head at this time:

https://admin.thearmypainter.com/files/downloads/08 WP1XYZ Warpaint, Acrylic Paint_SDS_EN.pdf

Anyone have any recommendations on what to thin this with based on experience?

Hello, I recently picked up a jar of Army Painter Warpaints as it is the only thing I can get my hands on without driving an hour first.
I'm not entirely sure what to thin with, I found the MSDS but even googling the chemicals listed hasn't helped, lol.
This is definitely over my head at this time:

https://admin.thearmypainter.com/files/downloads/08 WP1XYZ Warpaint, Acrylic Paint_SDS_EN.pdf

Anyone have any recommendations on what to thin this with based on experience?

I treat them the say way as I do Vallejo paints. In fact I often mix Army Painter and Vallejo together. For me they are interchangeable

For hand brushing figures, I thin with water or some of that Vallejo mixing/glazing medium if doing a wash/transparent glaze

I have not tried airbrushing with them yet, but I would think you can use the Vallejo airbrush thinner with them if you can get your hands on it {I know it is available at Hobby Lobby for example)

Army Painter also does make their own branded Airbush Medium as well though

Basically what works for Vallejo should work for Army Painter

Thanks so much for the info!
I do have plenty of Vallejo AB supplies kicking around the workshop, I will be testing this soon on a quick build.

Let me know. I have been meaning to airbrush some stuff with a specific Army Painter color as I could not find an alternative in the Vallejo line and was planning on using the Vallejo airbrush thinner and I hadn't given it a second thought until I saw your question

I don't see any problems, but it would be nice to have confirmation

Latest posts

Back