About thinning Mr. aqueous surfacer 1500

CY343491

Hi,

I have bunch of mr. aqueous surfacer 1500 (bottled one), i saw some guys thin it with leveling thinner, does it work with aqueous thinner T111 also? How does it react with hardware store Lacquer Thinner btw?

Yes you can thin with Mr. Color Leveling Thinner, Aqueous Acrylic Thinner or water. You can use hardware store l thinner as well but best to lay it down in thin coats (I assume you’re airbrushing) and give it a minute between so the lacquer has a chance to flash off and evaporate before the next coat as it’s much ”hotter” than Leveling Thinner (which is also a lacquer) - it could literally melt your plastic model. Mr. Color Leveling Thinner isn’t nearly as “hot” and is formulated to dry slower so your paint or primer has time to level out for a smoother finish.

Yes you can thin with Mr. Color Leveling Thinner, Aqueous Acrylic Thinner or water. You can use hardware store l thinner as well but best to lay it down in thin coats (I assume you’re airbrushing) and give it a minute between so the lacquer has a chance to flash off and evaporate before the next coat as it’s much ”hotter” than Leveling Thinner (which is also a lacquer) - it could literally melt your plastic model. Mr. Color Leveling Thinner isn’t nearly as “hot” and is formulated to dry slower so your paint or primer has time to level out for a smoother finish.
What is your opinion about T111 acrylic thinner? No one talks about it, i've used it with gunze aqueous paints and got good results. Everybody talks about leveling thinner.

It will do the job, but not like Mr. Color Leveling Thinner. That goes for Aqueous paints as well.

What if you don't have acess to leveling thinner, which one do you prefer, acrylic thinner or harware store lacquer?

Latest posts

Back