Thinning Mission Model Paints

CY343491

Hi All,

They suggest to use Mission Model paints with it's own polyurethane and thinner, i understood polyurethane but can't understand the thinner.
Because of the stock problems in my country i can't reach it's own polyurethane and thinner. Liquid polyurethane can be found easily.
But i don't know what kind of thinner i must use, is it IPA, distilled water, mineral spirit or anything else? Thanks in advance

Hi All,

They suggest to use Mission Model paints with it's own polyurethane and thinner, i understood polyurethane but can't understand the thinner.
Because of the stock problems in my country i can't reach it's own polyurethane and thinner. Liquid polyurethane can be found easily.
But i don't know what kind of thinner i must use, is it IPA, distilled water, mineral spirit or anything else? Thanks in advance
Use Mission Models thinner and their own poly. If you can’t get those then try another paint.

I tried Mission Model paints and made the mistake of not using the polyurethane and it turned out the paints were not water proof without it. I did use their thinner

I found out the hard way they were not water proof when the paint started dissolving just by having water sit on it after it had dried

It was more than one color and they came from different sources so it was not just a bad batch type of deal.

I know people have had success with them, but if you want to use them, you must absolutely only use their thinner AND the polyurethane mixed to a specific ratio. Do not believe the claim on the bottle that you can use the paints directly from the bottle without the polyurethane

I tried Mission Model paints and made the mistake of not using the polyurethane and it turned out the paints were not water proof without it. I did use their thinner

I found out the hard way they were not water proof when the paint started dissolving just by having water sit on it after it had dried

It was more than one color and they came from different sources so it was not just a bad batch type of deal.

I know people have had success with them, but if you want to use them, you must absolutely only use their thinner AND the polyurethane mixed to a specific ratio. Do not believe the claim on the bottle that you can use the paints directly from the bottle without the polyurethane
Thanks, i've found products and bought it's own thinner and polyurethane but my built is not done yet so i haven't used it yet. I'm excited about results, they have a wide variety of military colors

I agree using their thinner. Mission Model paints are fantastic and never needs thinning for airbrushing. I use their thinner to clean my airbrush.

Mission models suggests painters to use their polyurethane mix and thinner.
https://missionmodelsus.com/pages/tips-and-tricks-faq
So you don't use their polyuerthane mix also? Why do you prefer to use mission models thinner to clean airbrush?
Exactly… it’s just a suggestion to use their flow improver. I almost never do. I use their thinner to clean the airbrush sometimes. Sometimes I’ll use water or Windex to clean it.

I agree. They do tend to pull of after masking.

Latest posts

Back