Anyone got their Badger?

but no one said they were Scott, no one questioned you.

Elm City Hobbies said:
And that is the difference...

Is it ? So if Modelmakerz had offered coupons we would have got them by now? How do we know that?

???

My comment was that we'd still be waiting on Modelmakerz coupons, I'm not sure why you felt the need to explain all that. Considering almost every other company delivered exactly what they said they would, I really don't see why this has now derailed into a debate as to which is better or whether or not anyone waited on you.

This is about modelmakerz...

I run a small business and I will never mess around like Modelmakerz has. I even honor coupons past expiration, and when they say very clearly that they are not honored on that day. I will still give the discount. Mainly because it is a good way to treat your customers.

While the economy is suffering, my business is doing good, in part because I treat my customers very well.

Modelmakerz is just shooting themselves in the foot here. I know I won't be buying any products from them. I doubt any of the other prize winners will be either.

@Ken,

schweinhund227 said:

That's why I would prefer small business to offer "E-Coupons". Like Elm City Hobbies did at the End of The Contest! Scott @ (ECH) set it up and it worked like a charm! So we can go shop at their place! Spend real money and not Hurt them as bad!!!

Which you replied with:

...but then you'd be waiting on the coupons instead of the actual product, not really sure I see much of a difference there.

That can be misconstrued that I neglected the winners. I know you were referring to Modelmakerz sending coupons instead of product, and in that yes I see your point, you would still be waiting, however reading it, with what 227 said, makes it seem a bit like people might be waiting on the promised coupons from me. Maybe I am reading too much into it....but that is how it reads to me, so I am sure it reads that way to others as well.

I agree with Grendals as well....in today's economy (albeit our economy here in Canada isn't taking as big of a hit as yours in the US) as a small business owner, you have to treat the customer well. For me, it is just common sense really, but then 20yrs in grocery and retail, and customer service, have prepped me for it. Really it comes down to, I know how I wanted to be treated when I am purchasing something....so my customers deserve no less from me when they are purchasing from me, seems like a no brainer to me, but is lost on other people I guess.

I am sure neither Grendals or myself would have gotten our businesses to where they are today had we treated customers like dirt, and ignoring them.

Since we're condensing posts, try this:

That's why I would prefer small business to offer "E-Coupons".

...but then you'd be waiting on the coupons instead of the actual product, not really sure I see much of a difference there.

Just like you are sure others read one thing into it, I assumed they would understand I was talking about modelmakerz, which is what the last few posts have been about and which is what my last few posts have focused on.

I addressed the coupon statement, not every other statement he made. I don't see how anyone would misconstrue my statement about modelmakerz as having anything to do with you.

Because when you first made the statement:

There was no mention of Modelmakerz, and that although I could read between the lines and know that you were referring to them and not me....not everyone can, and I only posted to clarify.

What I find more strange is people win the ECH cash from me.....either through our Big Spring Contest on here, or other shows I have donated GC's to, and they never get used. Sure a few do, but a great percentage don't, I think there 6 out of however many I gave out for the Big Spring, that has never been used.

lol,

but that wasn't my 'first' statement on the modelmakerz topic though, simply scroll up and you can see it has been an ongoing conversation that I have commented on no less than three separate times prior to Norms post. ;)

For what it's worth, I've not received anything that I won from Inside the Armour...last I heard, one of the items was on back order. I emailed Chris back about possibly switching something out in it's place, but never received any reply. I don't want to keep emailing him and bugging him...but it has been a few months...

That is the obvious thing that gets me here. A company sponsors a contest like this to get advertisement. But this has turned out to be bad advertisement for ModelMakerZ. I agree, I think they have shot themselves in the foot. Oh well, there is more than one place to get pigments.

Scott Girvan said:
I have an idea. What if companies just offered e-coupons?

Seriously? ...and burden the winner with paying shipping on that humongous spray booth?

Id rather get a spraybooth, or an airbrush, or a model kit delivered free. I don't want to have take money out of my pocket to pay crazy shipping charges on multiple prizes.

Pass.

The simple fact is this wouldn't be an issue if they simply lived up to their promise, regardless of if they were awarding pigments, coupons, autographed photos of Greta Garbo, or certified letters from Santa Claus, the prize itself is of no consequence...

just deliver what they said they would. /end

I'd agree with SMM.

Besides, I think that there wouldn't be any difference, provide ModelmakerZ coupons for their pigments instead of the actual price. When you get a coupon - it is yet nothing, and it is only when you receive the item you've taken for that coupon when you get the award. And it is right the moment ModelmakerZ have problems about.

I think it is a pity of coarse such happened, but, guys, we have a gret variety f other friend-companies here, all provided awesome prices, all done their part justice. And all I think gain from their fair way of doing things to: I've already made purchases on ModelManTom's new site, and learned about AK stuff here at SMA from the posts of modelers using it. And I'm sure I'll have personal business with ELH and Bagger and take Vallejo's products in future.

But not ModelmakerZ if they even appear again, so I think that even in such situation we gain - we see the companies and people we can truly rely on and trust, and those whom we should not. I'm sure, guys, that would be much more upsetting if that was not the price that disappeared with the company, but your own money.

Scott Girvan said:

No. Not seriously. I appreciate those that do offer a prize this way. Sponsorship in any way is appreciated 110%. I have no intention of suggesting it to those that offer a tangible item.

Anyhow...I'll contact MMZ - and get the final verdict on all of this. No sense in continuing to talk about it.

Scott Girvan said:

LOL Scott Scott Scott.... LOL

You sure know how to Tease a fire !!!

images

I won’t say ""they fell for it"" ! But you seems to have Hit a Nerve !

Not to Add to the fire…. But fundamentally we agree there is a problem! It’s with a few embryonic companies… if we read the whole tread……! Times are hard for some or we might have dealt with some stale apples… and I think the damage is done ! (it is localized now… ) but might spread ?

Although I admit, the E-Coupon thing might not excite many…. but I can attest that I have used my “E-prize” with ECH and the transaction was a good one! Thanks Scott (ECH) and Scott (SMA)

If the companies that Sponsor the SMA BSC have the “SPINE” to expedite their prizes Free of charge, like Ken has explained, then “even better” ! totally agree with you Ken !

so…. Scott ! (SMA) If you haven’t heard of these guys in a long time and they haven’t paid you money for Advertising on your site? Maybe it’s time to cleanse your Home page of their product line?

Jeeves said:
For what it's worth, I've not received anything that I won from Inside the Armour...last I heard, one of the items was on back order. I emailed Chris back about possibly switching something out in it's place, but never received any reply. I don't want to keep emailing him and bugging him...but it has been a few months...

I've spoken to Chris at Inside the Armour and after looking through his emails, he couldn't find anything from you. Lost emails and miscommunications are sometimes to blame for these things and he has said he will email you and re-send the item which may have gotten lost.

Chris is a stand up guy and has just show what good customer service is. On a site that is almost dominated by sci-fi modelling sponsoring the contest was gamble that may not have gotten him any new business.

Hats off to Chris and Inside the Armour for replying to my very fist message and the professional way in which he handled the situation.

Latest posts

Back