Another Revell 1/48 B-25 WIP

2012-09-16_22-24-05_822.jpg

So, I was able to get all the glass on the front done. The fit was absolutely horible. I am officially never buiding another revell kit. Well, that may not be true. This one is still turning out better than my B-17. Progress not perfection right? Anyways, I decided to mess around with the airbrush and ended up painting the top. I have to put down the tail gunner glass and then I will mask off the windows and paint the rest. I'm getting pretty close on this one. ;D

Looks great! Lots-o-progess done!
Don't write off Revell too quick, they do produce some nice aircreaft kits. Some are dogs, some are pretty good. The big thing i like about them is that they're on the lower end of the price scale. More work has to be done on them, but that just inproves skill levels. Think of it as a way of earning an easier kit to do after this one! :)
Cheers!

Hey Guys,

I got the base coats down with future on top of it. Only have a little more to go, wheels, props, decals, etc.

Later,

Adam

2012-09-18_20-23-53_847_zpsdaf32a68.jpg

Nice Mitchell! How did you make the glass fit over the nose without destroying it?
I love the Revell kit, but I prefer the Gun-Nose version.

Aaron

Looking good there Adam :) ..dont turn yer back on Revell kits ,but try to get the 'New tooling' kits ,they are very good & cheap ;)

Chris.

Thanks everybody!!!

Aaron, it took a lot, and I mean a lot of sanding and polishing and it still doesn't look great up close. The fit was absolutely horrible so I had to use lots of CA glue. Long story short I am blasting through this kit just to get it done. I've also been trying out new airbrush stuff like softening the lines between the OD and the grey. More of a "fun build" where I am not worried about mistakes what so ever.

Sorry guys, no pictures tonight. It's getting late and I'm pretty tired... But the good news is I had a lot of fun working on the old gal this evening. I have been struggling to paint by brush without leaving brush marks. But, tonight I experimented on the wheels and the canvass area of the tail gunner. I think I may be starting to get this. I also had a ton of fun messing around with my airbrush. I got a badger patriot a while ago and I am just now starting to get the feel for the dual action. That and cleaning this is WAY better than the bottom bottle feed version I was using before. So, I got all the wheels and struts painted and glued in place and I also started painting the cowlings. Not too much more to go. I really gotta hurry up and finish this though. My wife and I pushed up our move date. We are going to be outta here in 2 weeks.

Later,

Adam

Thanks Ferris! I've been having a lot of fun with the airbrush on this one. I've been really working on getting up close, small lines etc. I freehanded the line between the gray and OD. Def not accurate I'm sure, but I've just been trying to have fun. Not too much left before I start to get decals on. Then its time to pack the work bench...

adampolo13 said:
I've been having a lot of fun with the airbrush on this one. I've been really working on getting up close, small lines etc. I freehanded the line between the gray and OD. Def not accurate I'm sure, but I've just been trying to have fun.
That's the idea, have fun, enjoy it, and practice, practice, practice. :)
Keep going!

Latest posts

Back