Another Revell 1/48 B-25 WIP

adampolo13

Hey guys,

I wont bore everyone here with a step by step build of this kit. Just want to keep you guys up to date with what I'm working on. I have been jumping around with the build. I started with the wings and tail. Then I moved on to starting to paint the interior. I'm not going after a "perfect" build. Just having fun putting together a kit nice a quick and getting the Mojo back.

Here's a quick shot of whats been done so far.

2012-09-10_21-11-06_521.jpg

Thanks for watching.

That's the Revell kit right?
I really enjoyed making mine, though I hurried it at the end, messed up the front green house a little bit. But it's still nice to look at. Enjoy!

Cheers!

More or less, if you're doing the version with the clear greanhouse nose with guns, watch the fit of the starboard ammo box along where the window fits. It pushes the canopy out of position.

I am in fact doing the very same. Thanks for the heads up! I will double check everything. P.S. Your builds look great.

I've got some lead fishing weights I was going to put in there somewhere. I haven't gotten that far yet. Haha

Good luck with your project, I lost interest with my Revell B-25. On the bright side she just isn't a shelf queen I started using mine for test painting.

I use lead shot for my nose weights. i ended up filling in the tunnel under the cockpit, and the areas behind the engine cowlings. I might have over done it, but it's not a tail sitter! :)

Alrighty,

Another quick update.

I've got 90% of the interior done and ready to be closed up. I didn't spend too much time detail painting because its all going to be closed up. It has been a very fun build so far.

2012-09-12_20-06-27_851.jpg

2012-09-12_19-30-54_260.jpg

2012-09-12_19-31-21_365.jpg

2012-09-12_20-05-17_99.jpg

2012-09-12_20-04-57_371.jpg

Thanks for following along!

Nice Adampolo13. The front office looks good, I like the detail painting inside.

I've always have liked the Mitchell, the bomber that struck back the first blow
against the Japanese. You've doing a great job with her. Bravo. Bill

Adampolo,
That is looking good. Looks like in the top picture, you
have most of the major subs done already. Very good.

Thanks guys! I've got a LOT done in the last couple days. I've got the fuselage together with the seams removed and the panel lines replaced. I did a pretty good job at not obliterating the raised lines. Where I did, I scribed them back in. I laid down some primer to check my work. The panel lines actually don't look that bad half scribed. It isn't too much of a big deal, this will be a gift for my next door neighbor and he wont know the difference. I also got the wings and tail section attached. I will post pics in a little bit.

Later,

Adam

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B57LVuaBekZHVTQxcjBWaFVobUU

It took a lot of weight to get this one to stay on its feet. I put weights in the front of the wheel bays, behind the engines, and also in the cockpit.

Here is weights behind engine.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B57LVuaBekZHWE1xeWNDNEMyN1U

nice work man im a big fan of the 25, the most heavily armed plane in wwll be some accounts, ive done a 1/72 version of the naval torpedo version that required a LOAD of strip lead behind the engine, so much i scratch built a fake wall to get more in, prob the torpedo's fault, you cant get very much in when u do the greenhouse nose. Great build id like to find a spot to put a 1/48 one, might put one in the stash to push the issue lol.
thanks for sharing ;D

adampolo13 said:
It took a lot of weight to get this one to stay on its feet. I put weights in the front of the wheel bays, behind the engines, and also in the cockpit.

Told ya! :) it looks great. keep goinging!

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back