Airifx 1/48 Supacat Coyote

This seems to be a fun kit. I agree on the 1/35th scale need!
Keep it coming!

Little bit more work done. Lost a few pics in the process along the way and still trying to figure out how, but I have gotten to this point so the end result is the same I guess.

Bed is on, and starting to add in some bulkheads and the sides of the front module.

IMG_2057-vi.jpg

IMG_2058-vi.jpg

Coming along nicely Scott :) These are great little kits ,got myself a few of the 1/48 vehicles , for future builds :) .Looking forward to seeing the paint go on :)

Chris.

Little more work done on this, and run into my first snag (minor one) and the fix for it.

Few more odds and ends fitted to the front compartment, seat frame and some stiffening bars

IMG_2059-vi.jpg

Rear blast shield on the bottom rear, tailgate and sides.

IMG_2060-vi.jpg

And here is the first minor hiccup, as you can see, 2 ejector pin marks on the top of the part, in very hard to reach areas (2 on the lower section already taken care of). So what to do?

IMG_2061-vi.jpg

Get yourself some skinny sanding sticks and cut off a couple of small parts of it.

IMG_2063-vi.jpg

Clamp the cut off piece of sanding stick into a set of locking tweezers, or something similar. Here I am using a pair of well used (notice the multiple layers of paint on them) hemostats.

IMG_2065-vi.jpg

And simply sand away the ejector pin marks. See, all gone.

IMG_2066-vi.jpg

So far up to this point, these have been the only seam or pin mark that would have been visible once assembly was finished. And so far fit has been perfect.

Here we see the panel in place.

IMG_2067-vi.jpg

IMG_2068-vi.jpg

Probably a little better than half way through assembly now, and nothing but good things to say about this kit.

ModelMakerMike said:
Wow, that's looking really good.... Maybe Airfix is better than I had thought.

I have a few of their newer ones, and they definitely aren't your Pappy's Airfix of old!

Looks like it's gonna be a great build when its done! Love the idea of the sanding sticks... where did you get those?

LrdSatyr8 said:
Looks like it's gonna be a great build when its done! Love the idea of the sanding sticks... where did you get those?

That would be these:

swizzlesanders.jpg

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_72&products_id=374&zenid=920339ba33fb60d543c555392f44047b

OK, this is built up about as far as I can go without needing to paint, so that is the next step, but first the last couple of pictures of assembly.

Basically just the front clip, everything but the sand channel, which I think I will leave and paint separately, allows me to weather and chip it up some as it would see more wear seeing as it is usually driven over than the rest of the vehicle would get.

Outside

IMG_2074-vi.jpg

Inside

IMG_2075-vi.jpg

Going to leave this off until I can get the interior painted, makes it alot easier to get paint into the nooks and crannies and much easier on any detail painting.

Latest posts

Back