Airifx 1/48 Supacat Coyote

Well not much time this week for much work on this with new orders coming in.

Did manage to get some Vallejo Desert Tan primer on the interior so I can get some detail parts painted up and installed, then complete assembly.

IMG_2085-vi.jpg

IMG_2086-vi.jpg

IMG_2087-vi.jpg

Looken super. Really like the way you build and then paint. Wish I had that skill haha. I tried to pm you earlier to place an order but it was blocked. Really like the detail in this build. Will be watching for the detailed painted parts to be put in the interior.

hooterville75 said:
Looken super. Really like the way you build and then paint. Wish I had that skill haha. I tried to pm you earlier to place an order but it was blocked. Really like the detail in this build. Will be watching for the detailed painted parts to be put in the interior.

Yes, build and then paint.

The way armor and aircraft go together and paint is a little bit different than car kits, you can get away with most of the building first, and then paint, however the principle is the same, build the most sub-assemblies you can before you have to break out the airbrush. The more time spent building, and less time having to paint and then subsequently clean the airbrush means you can put more time into the building.

With this one, even though it is an open top vehicle, the interior really needed a coat of paint before the assembly was complete, simply because it is so small, would be impossible to get the airbrush into places once everything was buttoned up.

As far as placing an order with me, no need to PM me anything, just go on my website and order away, website takes care of everything.

Cant wait to see the interior detailed up. Starting with the next build after the BSC entry, Im going to try that sub assembly method first then painting. The reason for the PM was I had a few questions I wanted to ask prior to ordering. No biggy, I got paint ordered. I tried to follow the request of the last PM I received from another Mod about not creating a thread with a persons name in the title to PM the person which is why I tried to PM.

hooterville75 said:
Cant wait to see the interior detailed up. Starting with the next build after the BSC entry, Im going to try that sub assembly method first then painting. The reason for the PM was I had a few questions I wanted to ask prior to ordering. No biggy, I got paint ordered. I tried to follow the request of the last PM I received from another Mod about not creating a thread with a persons name in the title to PM the person which is why I tried to PM.

You can also e-mail me through the website if need be, and actually prefer that over PMs or on a thread such as this.

Little bit more done on this.

Once I had the interior pieces painted, I could move on with the MG ring and other pieces that I wouldn't be able to get an airbrush under.

IMG_2098-vi.jpg

IMG_2099-vi.jpg

And with the actual MG ring in place. It just sits there so can take it off to paint the rest.

IMG_2100-vi.jpg

Just a matter of putting the instruments on the dash (future is drying as we speak), and putting the front end on, and the building portion of this will be all but done.

Looking good!

thats gona be a cool looking truck

Couple of things done today. Namely the front end is finally on.

IMG_2399-vi.jpg

Got the instruments covered up as I don't want to get paint on them while doing the outside paint. Would really suck to paint over the decals as tiny as they were!

IMG_2400-vi.jpg

IMG_2401-vi.jpg

The rear antenna rack that is over the back of the vehicle....discovered that something slightly heavy either got laid, or fell, and bent and broke the legs. So I gently peeled the whole unit off, and pilfered the same parts out of the Jackel kit I have. Will deal with fixing them when I built that kit.

New one in place

IMG_2402-vi.jpg

That is really about it for assembly, other than the seats which are a different color, so will just paint them separately and add them at the end (also makes it easier to put seatbelts on them being out of the vehicle), just the assembly of the weapons left which isn't much....now on to painting!

the build looks great man! really interesting vehicle! im hoping that someone does a 1/35th version in plastic someday!

Really looking good. I have the jackle so I'm watching this build with interest.

Terry ;D

Not much time left now. While the rest of you still have until May 31, this and the Mig I have to have done by the 25th for our local show here....so less time to get it done. Really could use that extra week!

Been awhile since the last update. Most details painted, just have to do the mirror faces, headlight, tail lights and reflectors. Still have to do the 2 MGs and assemble and paint some fuel cans to populate the back racks.

Rest of the detail is painted, it has been glossed, washed and then matt coat, just have to do the weathering now. One thing I forgot when I had the future on....forgot the decals. got them on the drivers station and some minor warning markings inside, but forgot the outside ones. However having looked at what few pictures there of them on the battlefield, there are just a few warning markings and then the IR wedges, so might not be so bad.

Anyway, here are a few pictures as it sits right now.

IMG_2463-vi.jpg

IMG_2464-vi.jpg

IMG_2465-vi.jpg

IMG_2466-vi.jpg

Latest posts

Back