Airifx 1/48 Supacat Coyote

Some more work on this.

I have used the Vallejo Desert Sand paste to put some textured dirt on the bottom and the wheel wells, and then once dry followed it up with some Vallejo Brown wash from their new wash line to give it some definition, you can see the subtle difference it makes.

First photo is just the paste, 2nd photo is the paste with the wash.

IMG_2469-vi.jpg
IMG_2471-vi.jpg

Closer look in a wheel well, first just paste, 2nd with a wash.

IMG_2470-vi.jpg
IMG_2472-vi.jpg

Next up will be some pigments blended into this, and of course the dirt streaks and such.

I've used that paste previously - very easy and gives good result. Supacat lloks very realistic!

DONE!!!!

First time for everything, actually finishing a model for the SMA contest....only been 3 yrs.

Unfortunately with the CAMS contest going tomorrow, just been too busy moving the shop and getting stuff ready for the show to take decent photos, but they will come next week. Just happy that I actually finished something this time!!

Elm City Hobbies said:
DONE!!!!

First time for everything, actually finishing a model for the SMA contest....only been 3 yrs.

Unfortunately with the CAMS contest going tomorrow, just been too busy moving the shop and getting stuff ready for the show to take decent photos, but they will come next week. Just happy that I actually finished something this time!!

Congrats!!!

;D ;D ;D

OK, first kit in 3 yrs that I have finished in the allotted time frame, so I guess I owe it to myself to actually get pictures taken of the kit.

Have posted the ones to the contest, but thought I should post them here as well.

IMG_3010-vi.jpg

IMG_3011-vi.jpg

IMG_3012-vi.jpg

IMG_3013-vi.jpg

IMG_3014-vi.jpg

IMG_3015-vi.jpg

IMG_3016-vi.jpg

IMG_3017-vi.jpg

IMG_3018-vi.jpg

IMG_3019-vi.jpg

IMG_3020-vi.jpg

IMG_3021-vi.jpg

Very cool model, I've never seen anything like it. Lots of detail and great looking surfaces to paint. I rather like your mudding on the undercarriage.

Latest posts

Back